Squeak 4.3 released

12

Squeak 4.3 released

Chris Cunnington
http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3/Squeak4.3.zip

Welcome to the release of Squeak 4.3.

There aren’t any applications bundled with this release. Instead of working on applications to bundle with the image, core developers have been inspired by the Cog virtual machine to look deeply into the image for things they wanted to change. As a result, the image is becoming smaller, tidier, and nimbler.

There are five Welcome Workspaces in Squeak 4.3. The second is called Future Directions:

- This image is ~15M. If you execute - Smalltalk unloadAllKnownPackages - it will become ~10M

- A SqueakCore image is available at http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3

- A reasonable target is the creation of a smaller image, which may be a task before the community

- A place to explore where to make reductions is likely the removal/replacement of GUIs

- Once we have a smaller core image, we can employ Andreas Raab's memo [1] on how to load code back into the image. This will be based on tests delineating the separate responsibilities of core and application developers

Happy Holidays Hacking,

the Squeak Oversight Board

Re: Squeak 4.3 released

LawsonEnglish
I managed to load all of the packages from the "How to extend the system" window except the Omnibrowser, which has never worked for me.

However, Seaside 3.0 won't "start".

Using Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Intel).

Lawson

On 12/23/11 4:49 PM, Chris Cunnington wrote:
[...]

Re: Squeak 4.3 released

Edgar De Cleene
Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak 4.3 released

- A SqueakCore image is available at http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3 <http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3>

- A reasonable target is the creation of a smaller image, which may be a task before the community

- A place to explore where to make reductions is likely the removal/replacement of GUIs

- Once we have a smaller core image, we can employ Andreas Raab's memo [1] on how to load code back into the image. This will be based on tests delineating the separate responsibilities of core and application developers

 [1]]http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-May/150658.html <http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-May/150658.html>

Happy Holidays Hacking,

the Squeak Oversight Board

Well done, thanks to all and ...

Feliz Nochebuena

Edgar

Re: Squeak 4.3 released

LawsonEnglish
Oh, before I forget: thanks to everyone who helped get this out. I'm known for getting too focused to thank people before starting to critique the hard work they just finished doing.

It's a great holiday present.

Lawson

On 12/23/11 4:49 PM, Chris Cunnington wrote:
http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3/Squeak4.3.zip
[...]

Happy Holidays Hacking,

the Squeak Oversight Board

Re: Squeak 4.3 released

Andreas.Raab
Great! Something to play with over the holidays :-)
Thanks to everyone who has helped getting it under the Christmas tree.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

On 12/24/2011 0:49, Chris Cunnington wrote:

> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3/Squeak4.3.zip
>

> Welcome to the release of Squeak 4.3.
>
> There aren’t any applications bundled with this release. Instead of
> working on applications to bundle with the image, core developers have
> been inspired by the Cog virtual machine to look deeply into the image
> for things they wanted to change. As a result, the image is becoming
> smaller, tidier, and nimbler.
>
> There are five Welcome Workspaces in Squeak 4.3. The second is called
> Future Directions:
>
> - This image is ~15M. If you execute - Smalltalk unloadAllKnownPackages
> - it will become ~10M
>
> - A SqueakCore image is available at http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3
>
> - A reasonable target is the creation of a smaller image, which may be a
> task before the community
>
> - A place to explore where to make reductions is likely the
> removal/replacement of GUIs
>
> - Once we have a smaller core image, we can employ Andreas Raab's memo
> [1] on how to load code back into the image. This will be based on tests
> delineating the separate responsibilities of core and application developers
>
> [1]]http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-May/150658.html
>

> Happy Holidays Hacking,
>
> the Squeak Oversight Board

Re: Squeak 4.3 released

Colin Putney-3
On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Lawson English <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I managed to load all of the packages from the "How to extend the system"
> window except the Omnibrowser, which has never worked for me.

Yeah, this is a known problem. Lukas and I are working on a new
release of OmniBrowser that will work nicely in both Squeak 4.3 and
Pharo 1.3. The Squeak version is based on ToolBuilder, so it
integrates much more nicely into the system.

Colin

Seaside compatibility (was: Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak 4.3 released)

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Fri, 23 Dec 2011, Lawson English wrote:

> I managed to load all of the packages from the "How to extend the system"
> window except the Omnibrowser, which has never worked for me.
>
> However, Seaside 3.0 won't "start".

If you mean that the start button doesn't work in the control panel, then
that's a known issue related to OB (so it will be fixed soon), but you can
still start Seaside by inspecting the button and triggering it's action
manually or using smalltalk code directly.

There is some incompatibility with streams though. WAUrlEncoder is trying
to mimic a Stream, but it doesn't implement #basicNextPutAll:, only
#basicNextPut:. This isn't an issue with Pharo, but Squeak's
TextConverters use them. It can easily be fixed by adding the missing
method.

Levente

> Using Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Intel).
>
> Lawson
>
> On 12/23/11 4:49 PM, Chris Cunnington wrote:
>> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3/Squeak4.3.zip
>>

>> Welcome to the release of Squeak 4.3.
>>
>> There aren't any applications bundled with this release. Instead of working
>> on applications to bundle with the image, core developers have been
>> inspired by the Cog virtual machine to look deeply into the image for
>> things they wanted to change. As a result, the image is becoming smaller,
>> tidier, and nimbler.
>>
>> There are five Welcome Workspaces in Squeak 4.3. The second is called
>> Future Directions:
>>
>> - This image is ~15M. If you execute - Smalltalk unloadAllKnownPackages -
>> it will become ~10M
>>
>> - A SqueakCore image is available at http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3
>>
>> - A reasonable target is the creation of a smaller image, which may be a
>> task before the community
>>
>> - A place to explore where to make reductions is likely the
>> removal/replacement of GUIs
>>
>> - Once we have a smaller core image, we can employ Andreas Raab's memo [1]
>> on how to load code back into the image. This will be based on tests
>> delineating the separate responsibilities of core and application
>> developers
>>
>>  [1]]http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-May/150658.html
>>

>> Happy Holidays Hacking,
>>
>> the Squeak Oversight Board

Re: Squeak 4.3 released

LawsonEnglish
I managed to get it to load simply by using:

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser) project perform:
#lastVersion) load.

Instead of:

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser) project perform:
#lastVersion) load: #( Dev ).

On 12/24/11 10:46 AM, Colin Putney wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Lawson English<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> I managed to load all of the packages from the "How to extend the system"
>> window except the Omnibrowser, which has never worked for me.
> Yeah, this is a known problem. Lukas and I are working on a new
> release of OmniBrowser that will work nicely in both Squeak 4.3 and
> Pharo 1.3. The Squeak version is based on ToolBuilder, so it
> integrates much more nicely into the system.
>
> Colin

Re: Squeak 4.3 released

Casey Ransberger-2
Oh, sweet! You guys put my full screen toggle right on the menubar:)

It didn't quite feel right in the menu I put it in, but it didn't seem to make a lot of sense in the other menus either, so I put it where one might have a clue as to what code it used. This is great.

[...]

Ron Teitelbaum
Very Cool.  Congratulations all.

Ron Teitelbaum

Re: Squeak 4.3 released

glenpaling
Thanks all!

Re: Squeak 4.3 released

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Nice work! Congrats and Happy Holidays.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Squeak 4.3 released

laza
2011/12/24 Chris Cunnington <[hidden email]>
Welcome to the release of Squeak 4.3.

Thanks for (the) Rice Paper! ;)

Alex

Re: Squeak 4.3 released

Hannes Hirzel
On 12/24/11, Lawson English <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I managed to load all of the packages from the "How to extend the
> system" window except the Omnibrowser, which has never worked for me.
>
> However, Seaside 3.0 won't "start".
>
> Using Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Intel).

Probably the workaround of inspecting the adaptor and doing 'self
start' still works (see earlier mails)

And as Colin Putney writes a solution is on the way...

Happy New Year

-- Hannes

Re: Squeak 4.3 released

Gary Dunn-2
On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Chris Cunnington
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3/Squeak4.3.zip
>

> Welcome to the release of Squeak 4.3.

Good news!

Except I just tried loading one of my projects and it failed. I was
hoping project files would be relatively immune from OS upgrades but
even this minor upgrade is not compatible. I looked briefly at the
back trace but I cannot see where to begin. Is there a way I can
copy/paste the back trace to a mail message?

On the larger issue, what is the best way to save a project so that it
will load into future releases? Is every developer expected to do
their own image management?

In any case, I like where Squeak is going. I just hope people keep the
neat old apps up to date; see the recent chatter about irc.
--
Gary Dunn
Honolulu

Re: Squeak 4.3 released

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Tue, 27 Dec 2011, Gary Dunn wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Chris Cunnington
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3/Squeak4.3.zip
>>

>> Welcome to the release of Squeak 4.3.
>>

> Good news!
>
> Except I just tried loading one of my projects and it failed. I was

In what version did you create that project?
Can you load it from a 4.2 image?

> hoping project files would be relatively immune from OS upgrades but
> even this minor upgrade is not compatible. I looked briefly at the
> back trace but I cannot see where to begin. Is there a way I can
> copy/paste the back trace to a mail message?

There's a file called SqueakDebug.log in the image's directory which
contains the last stack trace.

Levente

> On the larger issue, what is the best way to save a project so that it
> will load into future releases? Is every developer expected to do
> their own image management?
>
> In any case, I like where Squeak is going. I just hope people keep the
> neat old apps up to date; see the recent chatter about irc.
> --
> Gary Dunn
> Honolulu

Re: Squeak 4.3 released

Janko Mivšek
Hi guys!

Congratulations for release and I hope you'll soon provide an All-in-One
package too, as there is for 4.2 still linked from Download box on
http://www.squeak.org.

All-in-one (aka One-click) is important for everyone to try Squeak
quickly, without need to otherwise figure out, how to install Squeak.
How to install an appropriate VM for 4.3? That's something even I don't
know, and yes, I don't have time to investigate that. All-in-one 4.3
would be more that enough for me. And I'm sure I'm not alone.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
Aida/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Squeak 4.3 released

Gary Dunn-2
On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Dec 2011, Gary Dunn wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Chris Cunnington
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3/Squeak4.3.zip
>>>

>>> Welcome to the release of Squeak 4.3.
>>>

>> Good news!
>>
>> Except I just tried loading one of my projects and it failed. I was
>

> In what version did you create that project?
> Can you load it from a 4.2 image?
>

>> hoping project files would be relatively immune from OS upgrades but
>> even this minor upgrade is not compatible. I looked briefly at the
>> back trace but I cannot see where to begin. Is there a way I can
>> copy/paste the back trace to a mail message?
>

> There's a file called SqueakDebug.log in the image's directory which
> contains the last stack trace.

I have so much to learn ...

Here it is. Seems to be looking for "Player 86."

Key not found: Player86
27 December 2011 1:26:14.261 pm

VM: unix - Smalltalk
Image: Squeak4.3 [latest update: #11860]

SecurityManager state:
Restricted: false
FileAccess: true
SocketAccess: true
Working Dir /usr/home/gary/Squeak/images
Trusted Dir /usr/home/gary/Squeak/images/secure
Untrusted Dir /usr/home/gary/Squeak/images/My Squeak

SystemDictionary(Collection)>>errorKeyNotFound:
        Receiver: Smalltalk globals "a SystemDictionary with lots of globals"
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                key: #Player86
        Receiver's instance variables:
                tally: 2141
                array: {#MCPatchOperation->MCPatchOperation . nil . nil .
#FormTest->FormTest ....etc...
                cachedClassNames: nil
                cachedNonClassNames: nil

[] in SystemDictionary(Dictionary)>>at:
        Receiver: Smalltalk globals "a SystemDictionary with lots of globals"
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                key: #Player86
        Receiver's instance variables:
                tally: 2141
                array: {#MCPatchOperation->MCPatchOperation . nil . nil .
#FormTest->FormTest ....etc...
                cachedClassNames: nil
                cachedNonClassNames: nil

SystemDictionary(Dictionary)>>at:ifAbsent:
        Receiver: Smalltalk globals "a SystemDictionary with lots of globals"
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                key: #Player86
                aBlock: [closure] in SystemDictionary(Dictionary)>>at:
        Receiver's instance variables:
                tally: 2141
                array: {#MCPatchOperation->MCPatchOperation . nil . nil .
#FormTest->FormTest ....etc...
                cachedClassNames: nil
                cachedNonClassNames: nil

SystemDictionary(Dictionary)>>at:
        Receiver: Smalltalk globals "a SystemDictionary with lots of globals"
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                key: #Player86
        Receiver's instance variables:
                tally: 2141
                array: {#MCPatchOperation->MCPatchOperation . nil . nil .
#FormTest->FormTest ....etc...
                cachedClassNames: nil
                cachedNonClassNames: nil

SmalltalkImage>>at:
        Receiver: Smalltalk
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                aKey: #Player86
        Receiver's instance variables:
                globals: Smalltalk globals "a SystemDictionary with lots of globals"

SystemOrganizer>>classify:under:
        Receiver: ('Kernel-Chronology' ChronologyConstants Date DateAndTime
Duration Month Schedule Stopwatc...etc...
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                element: #Player86
                newCategory: #UserObjects
                oldCategory: #UserObjects
        Receiver's instance variables:
                categoryArray: #(#'Kernel-Chronology' #'Kernel-Classes'
#'Kernel-Methods' #'Ker...etc...
                categoryStops: #(13 23 43 47 62 74 88 91 107 115 125 139 148 156
160 170 177 17...etc...
                elementArray: #(#ChronologyConstants #Date #DateAndTime #Duration
#Month #Sched...etc...

Player86 class(Class)>>category:
        Receiver: Player86
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                aString: 'UserObjects'
                oldCategory: #UserObjects
        Receiver's instance variables:
                superclass: Player
                methodDict: a MethodDictionary(#script1->(nil>>#script1 "a
CompiledMethod(1387)...etc...
                format: 136
                instanceVariables: nil
                organization: ('temporary')
('scripts' script1)

                subclasses: nil
                name: #Player86
                classPool: nil
                sharedPools: nil
                environment: Smalltalk globals "a SystemDictionary with lots of globals"
                category: #UserObjects
                scripts: an IdentityDictionary(#script1->A UniclassScript -
selector: #script1 ...etc...
                slotInfo: an IdentityDictionary()

[] in ImageSegment>>declareAndPossiblyRename:
        Receiver: an ImageSegment
        Arguments and temporary variables:
<<error during printing>
        Receiver's instance variables:
                arrayOfRoots: {a MorphicProject (ChalkBoard) in a
PasteUpMorph<world>(1420) [wo...etc...
                segment: a WordArrayForSegment(1929386344)
                outPointers: {Array . MorphicProject . nil . Unnamed1 (on server) .
PasteUpMorp...etc...
                state: #imported
                segmentName: nil
                fileName: nil
                endMarker: 0@0
                userRootCnt: 18866
                renamedClasses: nil

ImageSegment>>declareAndPossiblyRename:
        Receiver: an ImageSegment
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                classThatIsARoot: Player86
                existing: nil
                catInstaller: [closure] in ImageSegment>>declareAndPossiblyRename:
        Receiver's instance variables:
                arrayOfRoots: {a MorphicProject (ChalkBoard) in a
PasteUpMorph<world>(1420) [wo...etc...
                segment: a WordArrayForSegment(1929386344)
                outPointers: {Array . MorphicProject . nil . Unnamed1 (on server) .
PasteUpMorp...etc...
                state: #imported
                segmentName: nil
                fileName: nil
                endMarker: 0@0
                userRootCnt: 18866
                renamedClasses: nil

ImageSegment>>declare:
        Receiver: an ImageSegment
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                classThatIsARoot: Player86
                nameOnArrival: #Player86
        Receiver's instance variables:
                arrayOfRoots: {a MorphicProject (ChalkBoard) in a
PasteUpMorph<world>(1420) [wo...etc...
                segment: a WordArrayForSegment(1929386344)
                outPointers: {Array . MorphicProject . nil . Unnamed1 (on server) .
PasteUpMorp...etc...
                state: #imported
                segmentName: nil
                fileName: nil
                endMarker: 0@0
                userRootCnt: 18866
                renamedClasses: nil

[] in ImageSegment>>comeFullyUpOnReload:
        Receiver: an ImageSegment
        Arguments and temporary variables:
<<error during printing>
        Receiver's instance variables:
                arrayOfRoots: {a MorphicProject (ChalkBoard) in a
PasteUpMorph<world>(1420) [wo...etc...
                segment: a WordArrayForSegment(1929386344)
                outPointers: {Array . MorphicProject . nil . Unnamed1 (on server) .
PasteUpMorp...etc...
                state: #imported
                segmentName: nil
                fileName: nil
                endMarker: 0@0
                userRootCnt: 18866
                renamedClasses: nil

Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
        Receiver: {a MorphicProject (ChalkBoard) in a
PasteUpMorph<world>(1420) [world] . a PasteUpMorph<wor...etc...
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                aBlock: [closure] in ImageSegment>>comeFullyUpOnReload:
                index: 77
                indexLimiT: 18866
        Receiver's instance variables:
{a MorphicProject (ChalkBoard) in a PasteUpMorph<world>(1420) [world]
. a PasteUpMorph<wor...etc...
ImageSegment>>comeFullyUpOnReload:
        Receiver: an ImageSegment
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                smartRefStream: a SmartRefStream #[33 13 13]
                mapFakeClassesToReal: an
IdentityDictionary(Fake37MorphicUIManager->MorphicUIMa...etc...
                ccFixups: true
                receiverClasses: an IdentitySet()
                rootsToUnhiberhate: nil
                myProject: #(nil)
        Receiver's instance variables:
                arrayOfRoots: {a MorphicProject (ChalkBoard) in a
PasteUpMorph<world>(1420) [wo...etc...
                segment: a WordArrayForSegment(1929386344)
                outPointers: {Array . MorphicProject . nil . Unnamed1 (on server) .
PasteUpMorp...etc...
                state: #imported
                segmentName: nil
                fileName: nil
                endMarker: 0@0
                userRootCnt: 18866
                renamedClasses: nil

SmartRefStream(DataStream)>>next
        Receiver: a SmartRefStream #[33 13 13]
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                type: 16
                selector: #readShortInst
                anObject: an ImageSegment
                isARefType: true
                internalObject: nil
                pos: #(nil)
        Receiver's instance variables:
                byteStream: a MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream #[33 13 13]
                topCall: #marked
                basePos: 254
                references: an IdentityDictionary()
                objects: an IdentityDictionary(size 2262)
                currentReference: 22020
                fwdRefEnds: an IdentityDictionary()
                blockers: an IdentityDictionary()
                skipping: an IdentitySet()
                insideASegment: false
                structures: a Dictionary(size 206)
                steady: a Set(ScrollBar TileMorph SystemReporter TextFontChange
DisplayTransfor...etc...
                reshaped: nil
                renamed: a Dictionary(#FlasherMorph->#Flasher )
                renamedConv: a Dictionary(size 201)
                superclasses: a Dictionary(size 206)
                progressBar: nil
                objCount: nil
                classInstVars: nil

SmartRefStream(ReferenceStream)>>next
        Receiver: a SmartRefStream #[33 13 13]
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                curPosn: 22020
                skipToPosn: nil
                theObject: false
                wasSkipping: nil
                haveIt: #(false)
        Receiver's instance variables:
                byteStream: a MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream #[33 13 13]
                topCall: #marked
                basePos: 254
                references: an IdentityDictionary()
                objects: an IdentityDictionary(size 2262)
                currentReference: 22020
                fwdRefEnds: an IdentityDictionary()
                blockers: an IdentityDictionary()
                skipping: an IdentitySet()
                insideASegment: false
                structures: a Dictionary(size 206)
                steady: a Set(ScrollBar TileMorph SystemReporter TextFontChange
DisplayTransfor...etc...
                reshaped: nil
                renamed: a Dictionary(#FlasherMorph->#Flasher )
                renamedConv: a Dictionary(size 201)
                superclasses: a Dictionary(size 206)
                progressBar: nil
                objCount: nil
                classInstVars: nil

SmartRefStream>>next
        Receiver: a SmartRefStream #[33 13 13]
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                version: 4
                ss: {'class structure' . a Dictionary(size 206) . 'superclasses' .
a Dictionary...etc...
                object: nil
        Receiver's instance variables:
                byteStream: a MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream #[33 13 13]
                topCall: #marked
                basePos: 254
                references: an IdentityDictionary()
                objects: an IdentityDictionary(size 2262)
                currentReference: 22020
                fwdRefEnds: an IdentityDictionary()
                blockers: an IdentityDictionary()
                skipping: an IdentitySet()
                insideASegment: false
                structures: a Dictionary(size 206)
                steady: a Set(ScrollBar TileMorph SystemReporter TextFontChange
DisplayTransfor...etc...
                reshaped: nil
                renamed: a Dictionary(#FlasherMorph->#Flasher )
                renamedConv: a Dictionary(size 201)
                superclasses: a Dictionary(size 206)
                progressBar: nil
                objCount: nil
                classInstVars: nil

SmartRefStream>>scanFrom:
        Receiver: a SmartRefStream #[33 13 13]
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                aByteStream: a MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream #[33 13 13]
        Receiver's instance variables:
                byteStream: a MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream #[33 13 13]
                topCall: #marked
                basePos: 254
                references: an IdentityDictionary()
                objects: an IdentityDictionary(size 2262)
                currentReference: 22020
                fwdRefEnds: an IdentityDictionary()
                blockers: an IdentityDictionary()
                skipping: an IdentitySet()
                insideASegment: false
                structures: a Dictionary(size 206)
                steady: a Set(ScrollBar TileMorph SystemReporter TextFontChange
DisplayTransfor...etc...
                reshaped: nil
                renamed: a Dictionary(#FlasherMorph->#Flasher )
                renamedConv: a Dictionary(size 201)
                superclasses: a Dictionary(size 206)
                progressBar: nil
                objCount: nil
                classInstVars: nil

ObjectScanner>>scanFrom:
        Receiver: an ObjectScanner
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                aByteStream: a MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream #[33 13 13]
                valWithOddName47: nil
                scannerNamed53: a SmartRefStream #[33 13 13]
                chunkNamed117: 'self smartRefStream'
        Receiver's instance variables:
                pvt3SmartRefStrm: a SmartRefStream #[33 13 13]

[] in [] in MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>fileInAnnouncing:
        Receiver: a MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream #[33 13 13]
        Arguments and temporary variables:
<<error during printing>
        Receiver's instance variables:
                collection: '''From Squeak4.2 of 4 February 2011 [latest update:
#10966] on 3 A...etc...
                position: 4167067
                readLimit: 4167070
                writeLimit: 4167070
                isBinary: true
                converter: an UTF8TextConverter

--- The full stack ---
SystemDictionary(Collection)>>errorKeyNotFound:
[] in SystemDictionary(Dictionary)>>at:
SystemDictionary(Dictionary)>>at:ifAbsent:
SystemDictionary(Dictionary)>>at:
SmalltalkImage>>at:
SystemOrganizer>>classify:under:
Player86 class(Class)>>category:
[] in ImageSegment>>declareAndPossiblyRename:
ImageSegment>>declareAndPossiblyRename:
ImageSegment>>declare:
[] in ImageSegment>>comeFullyUpOnReload:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
ImageSegment>>comeFullyUpOnReload:
SmartRefStream(DataStream)>>next
SmartRefStream(ReferenceStream)>>next
SmartRefStream>>next
SmartRefStream>>scanFrom:
ObjectScanner>>scanFrom:
[] in [] in MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>fileInAnnouncing:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[] in MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>fileInAnnouncing:
ProgressInitiationException>>sendNotificationsTo:
[] in [] in ComplexProgressIndicator>>withProgressDo:
BlockClosure>>cull:
[] in MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
MethodContext(ContextPart)>>handleSignal:
ProgressInitiationException(Exception)>>signal
ProgressInitiationException>>display:at:from:to:during:
ProgressInitiationException class>>display:at:from:to:during:
ByteString(String)>>displayProgressAt:from:to:during:
ByteString(String)>>displayProgressFrom:to:during:
MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>fileInAnnouncing:
MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream(PositionableStream)>>fileIn
MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream>>fileInProject
MultiByteBinaryOrTextStream>>fileInObjectAndCodeForProject
[] in [] in ProjectLoading class>>openName:stream:fromDirectory:withProjectView:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[] in ProjectLoading class>>openName:stream:fromDirectory:withProjectView:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ProjectLoading class>>openName:stream:fromDirectory:withProjectView:
[] in ProjectLoading class>>openFromDirectory:andFileName:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[] in ComplexProgressIndicator>>withProgressDo:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
ComplexProgressIndicator>>withProgressDo:
MorphicProject>>do:withProgressInfoOn:label:
ProjectLoading class>>openFromDirectory:andFileName:
TheWorldMenu>>loadProject
TheWorldMainDockingBar>>loadProject
[] in MenuItemMorph>>invokeWithEvent:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:
MenuItemMorph>>invokeWithEvent:
MenuItemMorph>>mouseUp:
MenuItemMorph>>handleMouseUp:
MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
MenuItemMorph(Morph)>>handleEvent:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchDefault:with:
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:with:
-- and more not shown --

That last line is from the log, not me.
--
Gary Dunn