Squeak 4.6 Release Notes

Chris Muller-4
I went through every MCVersion since 4.5-13686 to cull this list of highlights.

    http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6192

Quite an impressive tally!  Personal thanks and congratulations to all
contributors especially Eliot, Levente and Marcel who I seemed to be
writing about the most in these notes.

 - Chris

Re: Squeak 4.6 Release Notes

Stéphane Rollandin
>      http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6192

Impressive list indeed.

Re: Squeak 4.6 Release Notes

marcel.taeumel
Wohooo!! ^__^ Big thanks for collecting this list! :)

Best,
Marcel

Re: Squeak 4.6 Release Notes

Karl Ramberg
Great job collecting this.

Two items should be corrected:

Saving Morphic Projects:  This still does not work
HelpBrowser displaying wiki is disabled by default.

Karl

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 1:47 AM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
I went through every MCVersion since 4.5-13686 to cull this list of highlights.

    http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6192

Quite an impressive tally!  Personal thanks and congratulations to all
contributors especially Eliot, Levente and Marcel who I seemed to be
writing about the most in these notes.

 - Chris

Re: Squeak 4.6 Release Notes

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Chris Muller-4 wrote
I went through every MCVersion since 4.5-13686 to cull this list of highlights.
Wow, great idea and impressive list :) Congrats and thank you to all!
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Squeak 4.6 Release Notes

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Chris,

   except that Spur is nothing to do with 4.6, so "Spur" in the title is wrong, and become: is not faster, and ObjectHistory still works.  We need a separate page for 5.0, which /is/ Spur; it has all the improvements in 4.6, except for ObjectHistory being unsupported, but is faster, with much faster become: and improved GC.

Eliot (phone)

On May 20, 2015, at 4:47 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I went through every MCVersion since 4.5-13686 to cull this list of highlights.
>
>    http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6192
>
> Quite an impressive tally!  Personal thanks and congratulations to all
> contributors especially Eliot, Levente and Marcel who I seemed to be
> writing about the most in these notes.
>
> - Chris

Re: Squeak 4.6 Release Notes

Chris Muller-3
On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 4:04 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Great job collecting this.
>
> Two items should be corrected:
>
> Saving Morphic Projects:  This still does not work

It doesn't?  Shouldn't we fix that for the release?

> HelpBrowser displaying wiki is disabled by default.

Okay, updated accordingly.

Re: Squeak 4.6 Release Notes

Karl Ramberg
As

On Thursday, May 21, 2015, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 4:04 AM, karl ramberg <<a href="javascript:;" onclick="_e(event, &#39;cvml&#39;, &#39;karlramberg@gmail.com&#39;)">karlramberg@...> wrote:
> Great job collecting this.
>
> Two items should be corrected:
>
> Saving Morphic Projects:  This still does not work

It doesn't?  Shouldn't we fix that for the release

It would be nice if we could fix project saving. I do not understand environments good enough to fix it.
Karl