Squeak 5.2 setup, step 2 of 6, rounded buttons, 'source' button opposite all others

Squeak 5.2 setup, step 2 of 6, rounded buttons, 'source' button opposite all others

Squeak - Dev mailing list
Good morning,

FYI little bug on Squeak 5.2 setup step 2 of 6 when selecting the "rounded buttons" option, the "source" button on the Senders browser at far right is opposite all others. It is square when rounded is selected and rounded when squared is selected.

Perhaps rename it to "Contrary"? (:

cheers,

tty

Re: Squeak 5.2 setup, step 2 of 6, rounded buttons, 'source' button opposite all others

marcel.taeumel
Hi, there.

Rename what?

The "source" button is a drop-down menu in disguise. You can switch the kind
of view you want to get for source code: source, diff, pretty print,
decompile, documentation, byte codes, ...

... or "tiles" in older versions of Squeak:

<http://forum.world.st/file/t370078/tiles-view.png>

Best,
Marcel

Squeak - Dev mailing list wrote
> Good morning, FYI little bug on Squeak 5.2 setup step 2 of 6 when
> selecting the "rounded buttons" option, the "source" button on the Senders
> browser at far right is opposite all others. It is square when rounded is
> selected and rounded when squared is selected. Perhaps rename it to
> "Contrary"? (: cheers, tty

Re: Squeak 5.2 setup, step 2 of 6, rounded buttons, 'source' button opposite all others

Chris Muller-3

A feature I hope can eventually be revived!

Re: Squeak 5.2 setup, step 2 of 6, rounded buttons, 'source' button opposite all others

Squeak - Dev mailing list
Hi Marcel

Thanks.

To verify, for Morphic user visual preferences, when the buttons are round the drop-down source menu should be rectangular and when the other buttons are rectangular the source drop-down menu should be rounded.

That appears as unusual visual design aesthetics to me, but to each his own.

cheers,

---- On Fri, 07 Dec 2018 05:15:39 -0500 marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote ----

Hi, there.

Rename what?

The "source" button is a drop-down menu in disguise. You can switch the kind
of view you want to get for source code: source, diff, pretty print,
decompile, documentation, byte codes, ...

... or "tiles" in older versions of Squeak:

Best,
Marcel

Squeak - Dev mailing list wrote
> Good morning, FYI little bug on Squeak 5.2 setup step 2 of 6 when
> selecting the "rounded buttons" option, the "source" button on the Senders
> browser at far right is opposite all others. It is square when rounded is
> selected and rounded when squared is selected. Perhaps rename it to
> "Contrary"? (: cheers, tty

Re: Squeak 5.2 setup, step 2 of 6, rounded buttons, 'source' button opposite all others

marcel.taeumel
Hi T! :-)

Ah, you mean that one should re-design that visual appearance of that button
to match the overall preference? Yes, you are right. Other graphical
interfaces indicate such a drop-down with a small arrow, for example.

Best,
Marcel

Squeak - Dev mailing list wrote
> Hi Marcel Thanks. To verify, for Morphic user visual preferences, when the
> buttons are round the drop-down source menu should be rectangular and when
> the other buttons are rectangular the source drop-down menu should be
> rounded.  That appears as unusual visual design aesthetics to me, but to
> each his own. cheers, t ---- On Fri, 07 Dec 2018 05:15:39
> -0500 marcel.taeumel &lt;

> Marcel.Taeumel@

> &gt; wrote ---- Hi, there. Rename what? The "source" button is a drop-down
> menu in disguise. You can switch the kind of view you want to get for
> source code: source, diff, pretty print, decompile, documentation, byte
> codes, ... ... or "tiles" in older versions of Squeak:
> &lt;http://forum.world.st/file/t370078/tiles-view.png&gt; Best, Marcel
> Squeak - Dev mailing list wrote > Good morning, FYI little bug on Squeak
> 5.2 setup step 2 of 6 when > selecting the "rounded buttons" option, the
> "source" button on the Senders > browser at far right is opposite all
> others. It is square when rounded is > selected and rounded when squared
> is selected. Perhaps rename it to > "Contrary"? (: cheers, tty -- Sent
> from: http://forum.world.st/Squeak-Dev-f45488.html

Re: Squeak 5.2 setup, step 2 of 6, rounded buttons, 'source' button opposite all others

Squeak - Dev mailing list
(:

---- On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 07:46:53 -0500 marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote ----