Squeak Foundation Elections 2007

Ron Teitelbaum
Hello Everyone,

This is a reminder that you only have a few days left to register at
squeakPeople http://people.squeakfoundation.org/ .  You need to have a
certification of at least Apprentice to vote.

There are some people that are reviewing Observer certified accounts.
Please add enough information on your account so that people can determine
your standing in the Squeak Community and possibly grant you Apprentice
status.  If you have not received Apprentice status but think you should
please post a certification request to squeak-dev
[hidden email], the elections team
[hidden email] or you can ask me personally
[hidden email] .

Voting starts this Saturday and will run for 3 days
http://weeklysqueak.wordpress.com/2007/02/01/2007-squeak-board-elections-ann
ounced/ .  You can find a list of candidates at:
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5920

Please plan to vote!

Thank you for your participation,

Ron Teitelbaum
Squeak Elections Team Member

Re: Squeak Foundation Elections 2007

garduino
Yes, is important to make use of our opportunity to vote and be part
of the community with responsability.

In the same sense, is VERY disappointing (to me at least) the actitude
of a candidate that appear after long time, and next don't take the
time to put the requested information. One day before the elections
start, IMHO, *all* the candidates should have posted their opinions
and plans.

Just my own opinion.

Cheers.

--
Germán S. Arduino
http://www.arsol.biz
http://www.arsol.net

RE: Squeak Foundation Elections 2007

Tansel Ersavas
Hey Germán, everybody,

That would be me I imagine. I finally have updated my page. Apologies for
being late, I was trying to see what I could release as some example of past
work as one of the questions was asking about it. Please see my next email
about that.

Tansel

An Example work from the past (was: RE: Squeak Foundation Elections 2007)

Tansel Ersavas
Further to my previous email. I have put out a demo that I believe that can
be an example of my past work but also help people understand power of
Squeak better. This was written 7 years ago in course of about 2 days of
programming and 2 weeks of graphical work. It is about 4mb image which has
an example of how Squeak can be used to create a very simple but powerful
looking interface without using Morphic or even MVC and can run on a
handheld device with 8M or more memory.

You can download it from
http://www.squeakonine.com/downloads/cedemo.zip

Use your favorite VM in your favorite environment. When you run it first it
will go through a customary regression test so don't panic if you see
several flipping images, and will display a splash page. U/c and pwd are
empty.

This software couldn't be released before but (un)luckily both the
developing company and our old company are no longer in existence and I
finally bit the bullet and decided to debrand and show as an example of what
Squeak could do even 7 years ago.

This should also hint towards an example to endless discussions of IDE and
user interface design. Very simple constructs can be used to create very
sophisticated looking GUIs. One of the keys is to team up with good GUI
designers and good graphics artists. This one stands on the ugly side of
what we were able to do with Squeak in terms of good looks.

As a last note the company commissioned this demo raised more than $1mil
using the demo and decided to redevelop it with Java under the influence of
some "experts" rather than continuing using Squeak. Another round of
financing and 1.5 years later they had their Java based application but they
were too late already.

Tansel

Re: An Example work from the past (was: RE: Squeak Foundation Elections 2007)

Giovanni Corriga
Il giorno ven, 02/03/2007 alle 12.48 +0200, Tansel ha scritto:

> Further to my previous email. I have put out a demo that I believe that can
> be an example of my past work but also help people understand power of
> Squeak better. This was written 7 years ago in course of about 2 days of
> programming and 2 weeks of graphical work. It is about 4mb image which has
> an example of how Squeak can be used to create a very simple but powerful
> looking interface without using Morphic or even MVC and can run on a
> handheld device with 8M or more memory.
>
> You can download it from
> http://www.squeakonine.com/downloads/cedemo.zip

The correct address is: http://www.squeakonline.com/downloads/cedemo.zip

        Giovanni

Re: Squeak Foundation Elections 2007

garduino
Hi Tansel:

I feel myself the need of "push" the candidates to explain their
plans, because I want to vote with responsability. Then I was
disappointed when revising the wiki all days and your comments don't
were there. Glad to see your comments now.

Also, I want to comment that I've downloaded you restaurante app and
really look VERY good and interesting. Also I'm trying it now on an
iPAQ.

I think that is the sort of app that may get the attention and I
wonder how many work is needed to develop such sort of app.

Cheers.
Germán.

2007/3/2, Tansel <[hidden email]>:

> Hey Germán, everybody,
>
> That would be me I imagine. I finally have updated my page. Apologies for
> being late, I was trying to see what I could release as some example of past
> work as one of the questions was asking about it. Please see my next email
> about that.
>
> Tansel

Re: Squeak Foundation Elections 2007

Noury Bouraqadi
Hi Ron,

I tried to log-in to my SqP account but failed. I don't know whether
I use the wrong password or is it a problem with my account. I just
notice a sentence at the bottom of my page stating: "[ Certification
disabled because you're not logged in. ]". Is it related? Will I be
able to vote? Hope so.

I visited SqP earlier in february but didn't notice this sentence :-(

Any hint about how to unlock my account or retreive my password.
Noury
Le 1 mars 07 à 20:32, Ron Teitelbaum a écrit :

> Hello Everyone,
>
> This is a reminder that you only have a few days left to register at
> squeakPeople http://people.squeakfoundation.org/ .  You need to have a
> certification of at least Apprentice to vote.
>
> There are some people that are reviewing Observer certified accounts.
> Please add enough information on your account so that people can
> determine
> your standing in the Squeak Community and possibly grant you
> Apprentice
> status.  If you have not received Apprentice status but think you
> should
> please post a certification request to squeak-dev
> [hidden email], the elections team
> [hidden email] or you can ask me personally
> [hidden email] .
>
> Voting starts this Saturday and will run for 3 days
> http://weeklysqueak.wordpress.com/2007/02/01/2007-squeak-board-
> elections-ann
> ounced/ .  You can find a list of candidates at:
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5920
>
> Please plan to vote!
>
> Thank you for your participation,
>
> Ron Teitelbaum
> Squeak Elections Team Member

Noury
Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
ARMINES - Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. I.A.
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org

Squeak Foundation Elections 2007

Ron Teitelbaum
Hello all,

You do not need your squeak people password to be able to vote.  We are
working to get the list of emails from squeak people now.  Once we have it
if you have a squeak people certification of at least apprentice you will be
receiving an email, which will be sent to the email you used to set up your
squeak people account, that will give you instructions on how to vote.

Your vote counts please vote!

Ron Teitelbaum
Squeak Elections Team Member

How do I cast my vote?

Trygve
Am I the only one who doesn't know how to vote?
I've found a list of candidates at
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/article/53.html
I've found
http://weeklysqueak.wordpress.com/2007/02/01/2007-squeak-board-elections-announced/
that asks me to vote.

I just cannot find the place to cast my vote!

Help!
--Trygve

On 03.03.2007 19:30, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:

> Hi Ron,
>
> I tried to log-in to my SqP account but failed. I don't know whether I
> use the wrong password or is it a problem with my account. I just
> notice a sentence at the bottom of my page stating: "[ Certification
> disabled because you're not logged in. ]". Is it related? Will I be
> able to vote? Hope so.
>
> I visited SqP earlier in february but didn't notice this sentence :-(
>
> Any hint about how to unlock my account or retreive my password.
> Noury
> Le 1 mars 07 à 20:32, Ron Teitelbaum a écrit :
>
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> This is a reminder that you only have a few days left to register at
>> squeakPeople http://people.squeakfoundation.org/ .  You need to have a
>> certification of at least Apprentice to vote.
>>
>> There are some people that are reviewing Observer certified accounts.
>> Please add enough information on your account so that people can
>> determine
>> your standing in the Squeak Community and possibly grant you Apprentice
>> status.  If you have not received Apprentice status but think you should
>> please post a certification request to squeak-dev
>> [hidden email], the elections team
>> [hidden email] or you can ask me personally
>> [hidden email] .
>>
>> Voting starts this Saturday and will run for 3 days
>> http://weeklysqueak.wordpress.com/2007/02/01/2007-squeak-board-elections-announced/
>> .  You can find a list of candidates at:
>> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5920
>>
>> Please plan to vote!
>>
>> Thank you for your participation,
>>
>> Ron Teitelbaum
>> Squeak Elections Team Member
>>

> Noury
> Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
> ARMINES - Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. I.A.
> http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury
>
> European Smalltalk Users Group Board
> http://www.esug.org

Trygve Reenskaug      mailto: [hidden email]
Morgedalsvn. 5A       http://folk.uio.no/trygver
N-0378 Oslo           Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27
Norway

Squeak Foundation Election 2007 update (was: How do I cast my vote?)

Ron Teitelbaum
All,

We are experiencing a technical delay.  When we are able to get the list of
eligible voters (squeakPeople members with a certification of at least
Apprentice), you will be receiving an email.  The instructions on how to
cast your vote will be on the email.

We will be getting the vote started as soon as we can.

My apologies for the delay from the whole elections team,

Ron Teitelbaum
Squeak Elections Team Member

> From: Trygve Reenskaug
>
> Am I the only one who doesn't know how to vote?
> I've found a list of candidates at
> http://people.squeakfoundation.org/article/53.html
> I've found
> http://weeklysqueak.wordpress.com/2007/02/01/2007-squeak-board-elections-
> announced/
> that asks me to vote.
>
> I just cannot find the place to cast my vote!
>
> Help!
> --Trygve
>

> On 03.03.2007 19:30, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
> > Hi Ron,
> >
> > I tried to log-in to my SqP account but failed. I don't know whether I
> > use the wrong password or is it a problem with my account. I just
> > notice a sentence at the bottom of my page stating: "[ Certification
> > disabled because you're not logged in. ]". Is it related? Will I be
> > able to vote? Hope so.
> >
> > I visited SqP earlier in february but didn't notice this sentence :-(
> >
> > Any hint about how to unlock my account or retreive my password.
> > Noury
> > Le 1 mars 07 à 20:32, Ron Teitelbaum a écrit :
> >
> >> Hello Everyone,
> >>
> >> This is a reminder that you only have a few days left to register at
> >> squeakPeople http://people.squeakfoundation.org/ .  You need to have a
> >> certification of at least Apprentice to vote.
> >>
> >> There are some people that are reviewing Observer certified accounts.
> >> Please add enough information on your account so that people can
> >> determine
> >> your standing in the Squeak Community and possibly grant you Apprentice
> >> status.  If you have not received Apprentice status but think you
> should
> >> please post a certification request to squeak-dev
> >> [hidden email], the elections team
> >> [hidden email] or you can ask me personally
> >> [hidden email] .
> >>
> >> Voting starts this Saturday and will run for 3 days
> >> http://weeklysqueak.wordpress.com/2007/02/01/2007-squeak-board-
> elections-announced/
> >> .  You can find a list of candidates at:
> >> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5920
> >>
> >> Please plan to vote!
> >>
> >> Thank you for your participation,
> >>
> >> Ron Teitelbaum
> >> Squeak Elections Team Member
> >>

> > Noury
> > Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
> > ARMINES - Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. I.A.
> > http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury
> >
> > European Smalltalk Users Group Board
> > http://www.esug.org

> Trygve Reenskaug      mailto: [hidden email]
> Morgedalsvn. 5A       http://folk.uio.no/trygver
> N-0378 Oslo           Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27
> Norway

Re: How do I cast my vote?

Cees De Groot
Hi Trygve,

On 3/3/07, Trygve Reenskaug <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I just cannot find the place to cast my vote!

You will receive an email, probably later today- I just sent the
voting registry off to the elections team, and I assume the first one
to pick the mail up will immediately start the election.

Like last year, the elections team will use CIVS
(http://tinyurl.com/2ztxrs), and you need an email invite to get
started :)

Elections - Where is Peter Crowther on the ballot?

David Mitchell-10
Thought Peter Crowther announced his intention to stand:
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/article/53.html#8

Was seconded by Andreas:
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/article/53.html#12

But didn't make the list. Why not?

RE: Elections - Where is Peter Crowther on the ballot?

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi David,

Peter ran in last year's election which was held in Feb 2006.

Thank you for your question, and remember to vote!