Squeak Oversight Board Blog

Ken Causey-3
It has been mentioned before but I want to make it clear that the
current Squeak Oversight Board (the team previously known as either the
SqueakFoundation Board or the Squeak Leadership Team) has started a blog
where we will post our thoughts and plans and where we want to receive
your comments.

http://squeakboard.wordpress.com/

Please visit this site if you have not already and check back regularly.

Thanks,

Ken

Re: Squeak Oversight Board Blog

Miguel Cobá
2009/3/27 Ken Causey <[hidden email]>:
> It has been mentioned before but I want to make it clear that the
> current Squeak Oversight Board (the team previously known as either the
> SqueakFoundation Board or the Squeak Leadership Team) has started a blog
> where we will post our thoughts and plans and where we want to receive
> your comments.
>
> http://squeakboard.wordpress.com/

Why isn't hosted on squeak.org?

> Please visit this site if you have not already and check back regularly.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

Miguel Cobá

Miguel Coba said:

> 2009/3/27 Ken Causey <[hidden email]>:
> > It has been mentioned before but I want to make it clear that the
> > current Squeak Oversight Board (the team previously known as either
> the
> > SqueakFoundation Board or the Squeak Leadership Team) has started a
> blog
> > where we will post our thoughts and plans and where we want to
> receive
> > your comments.
> >
> > http://squeakboard.wordpress.com/
>
> Why isn't hosted on squeak.org?
Simply because we wanted to get started as quickly as possible and we
all have limited time.  It is better in this case to use an existing
solution that works, than to spend a lot of time setting up a preferable
solution.  That said we are trying to setup a squeak.org hostname for it
much like new.squeak.org but wordpress.com currently seems to be having
trouble with this feature.

Ken

> > Please visit this site if you have not already and check back
> regularly.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ken

> Miguel Coba

Re: Squeak Oversight Board Blog

drush66
On 3/28/09, Ken Causey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Miguel Coba said:
>  > Why isn't hosted on squeak.org?
>
> Simply because we wanted to get started as quickly as possible and we
>  all have limited time.  It is better in this case to use an existing
>  solution that works, than to spend a lot of time setting up a preferable
>  solution.  That said we are trying to setup a squeak.org hostname for it
>  much like new.squeak.org but wordpress.com currently seems to be having
>  trouble with this feature.

I am usually strong advocate of simple solutions that work, but I
think that if not in short term than at least in mid term you should
consider switching to Pier, or some other Smalltalk based technology.
Eating our own dog food is quite important in promoting Smalltalk, and
ads a lot of credibility to the technilogy. And vice versa not eating
it by someone like "Squeak Oversight Board"- removes it).

rush
http://www.cloud208.com/

Re: Squeak Oversight Board Blog

Janko Mivšek
Davorin Rusevljan pravi:
> Ken Causey wrote:
>> Miguel Coba said:

>>  > Why isn't hosted on squeak.org?

>> Simply because we wanted to get started as quickly as possible and we
>>  all have limited time.  It is better in this case to use an existing
>>  solution that works, than to spend a lot of time setting up a preferable
>>  solution.  That said we are trying to setup a squeak.org hostname for it
>>  much like new.squeak.org but wordpress.com currently seems to be having
>>  trouble with this feature.

> I am usually strong advocate of simple solutions that work, but I
> think that if not in short term than at least in mid term you should
> consider switching to Pier, or some other Smalltalk based technology.
> Eating our own dog food is quite important in promoting Smalltalk, and
> ads a lot of credibility to the technilogy. And vice versa not eating
> it by someone like "Squeak Oversight Board"- removes it).

I'm also for Smalltalk based solution, preferably on board.squeak.org.

And because squeak.org is running on top of Aida/Scribo which has also a
Blog plugin, we can switch fast. See Scribo blog in action:
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Squeak Oversight Board Blog

Igor Stasenko
2009/3/28 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:

> Davorin Rusevljan pravi:
>> Ken Causey wrote:
>>> Miguel Coba said:
>
>>>  > Why isn't hosted on squeak.org?
>
>>> Simply because we wanted to get started as quickly as possible and we
>>>  all have limited time.  It is better in this case to use an existing
>>>  solution that works, than to spend a lot of time setting up a preferable
>>>  solution.  That said we are trying to setup a squeak.org hostname for it
>>>  much like new.squeak.org but wordpress.com currently seems to be having
>>>  trouble with this feature.
>
>> I am usually strong advocate of simple solutions that work, but I
>> think that if not in short term than at least in mid term you should
>> consider switching to Pier, or some other Smalltalk based technology.
>> Eating our own dog food is quite important in promoting Smalltalk, and
>> ads a lot of credibility to the technilogy. And vice versa not eating
>> it by someone like "Squeak Oversight Board"- removes it).
>
> I'm also for Smalltalk based solution, preferably on board.squeak.org.
>
> And because squeak.org is running on top of Aida/Scribo which has also a
> Blog plugin, we can switch fast. See Scribo blog in action:
> http://nico.bioskop.fr

I am all for it, and want to propose it to board.
But for doing this right we should have a way to evaluate it before jumping in.
It would be good if you can bring us the proposal for such
integration, which describing the state-of-art of aida blog engine,
and different ways how we could install/use it.

I agree with Davorin, that in a way for promoting squeak/smalltalk its
important to show the technology which can deliver goods, especially
main squeak sites, such as squeak.org, board blogs etc.

> Best regards
> Janko
>
> --
> Janko Mivšek
> AIDA/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Blog

Ken Causey-3
I have now setup a redirection so you can use the hostname

board.squeak.org

to access this site.

Ken