Squeak Oversight Board Election results 2014

Squeak Oversight Board Election results 2014

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi All,

First for the entire community I would like to thank everyone that ran this
year.  It is a great testament to the Squeak community that we have so many
terrific people willing to help out and serve the community.  Thank you!

I would also like to thank the 2013 board members for their service!

Now for the results!  For detailed results see:
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6195

I'd like to introduce your new Squeak Oversight Board for 2014.

1. Bert Freudenberg
2. Eliot Miranda
3. Tim Rowledge
4. Frank Shearar
5. Craig Latta
6. Chris Muller
7. David T. Lewis

Congratulations!  We look forward to an excellent 2014!

Thank you also to everyone that participated in the voting process!

All the bet,

Ron Teitelbaum

Re: Squeak Oversight Board Election results 2014

garduino
Congrats to the winners and thanks to all the people willing to serve the community, specially to my friend Edgar and I would use this space to recognize all his work of years, trying to make lot of fun stuff with Squeak.

Great 2014 for Squeak!

--
Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino

Re: Squeak Oversight Board Election results 2014

Edgar De Cleene
Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election results 2014

On 2/18/14 8:33 PM, "Germán Arduino" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Congrats to the winners and thanks to all the people willing to serve the community, specially to my friend Edgar and I would use this space to recognize all his work of years, trying to make lot of fun stuff with Squeak.

Great 2014 for Squeak!

Thanks German and congratulations to members of Board.

Edgar

Re: Squeak Oversight Board Election results 2014

Bert Freudenberg
On 19.02.2014, at 00:07, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> First for the entire community I would like to thank everyone that ran this
> year.  It is a great testament to the Squeak community that we have so many
> terrific people willing to help out and serve the community.  Thank you!
>
> I would also like to thank the 2013 board members for their service!
>
> Now for the results!  For detailed results see:
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6195
>
> I'd like to introduce your new Squeak Oversight Board for 2014.
>
> 1. Bert Freudenberg
> 2. Eliot Miranda
> 3. Tim Rowledge
> 4. Frank Shearar
> 5. Craig Latta
> 6. Chris Muller
> 7. David T. Lewis
>
> Congratulations!  We look forward to an excellent 2014!
>
> Thank you also to everyone that participated in the voting process!
>
> All the bet,
>
> Ron Teitelbaum
Wow! Thank you all for the support. And thanks to all candidates for stepping up!

We were all re-elected, and Colin can enjoy his free time now. David, welcome! Looking forward to talk to you :)

Also, big thanks to Ron for running another successful election!

- Bert -

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Squeak Oversight Board Election results 2014

Tobias Pape
Hi!

On 19.02.2014, at 12:03, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 19.02.2014, at 00:07, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> First for the entire community I would like to thank everyone that ran this
>> year.  It is a great testament to the Squeak community that we have so many
>> terrific people willing to help out and serve the community.  Thank you!
>>
>> I would also like to thank the 2013 board members for their service!
>>
>> Now for the results!  For detailed results see:
>> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6195
>>
>> I'd like to introduce your new Squeak Oversight Board for 2014.
>>
>> 1. Bert Freudenberg
>> 2. Eliot Miranda
>> 3. Tim Rowledge
>> 4. Frank Shearar
>> 5. Craig Latta
>> 6. Chris Muller
>> 7. David T. Lewis
>>
>> Congratulations!  We look forward to an excellent 2014!
>>
>> Thank you also to everyone that participated in the voting process!
>>
>> All the bet,
>>
>> Ron Teitelbaum
>
> Wow! Thank you all for the support. And thanks to all candidates for stepping up!
>
> We were all re-elected, and Colin can enjoy his free time now. David, welcome! Looking forward to talk to you :)
>
> Also, big thanks to Ron for running another successful election!
First, congratulations to the new board and all thanks to the former board!

Second, I was wondering, will the board elect a “board speaker”? Just an Idea.
People sometimes like key figures to identify with…

Best
        -Tobias

signature.asc (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Squeak Oversight Board Election results 2014

David T. Lewis
On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 12:03:19PM +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 19.02.2014, at 00:07, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > First for the entire community I would like to thank everyone that ran this
> > year.  It is a great testament to the Squeak community that we have so many
> > terrific people willing to help out and serve the community.  Thank you!
> >
> > I would also like to thank the 2013 board members for their service!
> >
> > Now for the results!  For detailed results see:
> > http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6195
> >
> > I'd like to introduce your new Squeak Oversight Board for 2014.
> >
> > 1. Bert Freudenberg
> > 2. Eliot Miranda
> > 3. Tim Rowledge
> > 4. Frank Shearar
> > 5. Craig Latta
> > 6. Chris Muller
> > 7. David T. Lewis
> >
> > Congratulations!  We look forward to an excellent 2014!
> >
> > Thank you also to everyone that participated in the voting process!
> >
> > All the bet,
> >
> > Ron Teitelbaum
>
> Wow! Thank you all for the support. And thanks to all candidates for stepping up!
>
> We were all re-elected, and Colin can enjoy his free time now. David, welcome! Looking forward to talk to you :)

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks to all for participating. For me it will be
really nice to meet old friends I have only known through email for a long time :)

> Also, big thanks to Ron for running another successful election!

Indeed, the Squeak elections are very will managed, and this was no exception.
Thank you Ron!

Dave

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 08:33:58PM -0300, Germ?n Arduino wrote:
> Congrats to the winners and thanks to all the people willing to serve the
> community, specially to my friend Edgar and I would use this space to
> recognize all his work of years, trying to make lot of fun stuff with
> Squeak.

+1000

Edgar's work is great. Keeping the fun in Squeak is really important. Thank
you Edgar!

Dave

On 2/19/14 9:35 AM, "David T. Lewis" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Edgar's work is great. Keeping the fun in Squeak is really important. Thank
> you Edgar!
>
> Dave

Thanks for your kind words.
Now I working in a derivate of Cuis for made it more Squeak compatible.
My plan is made new packages from popular old and new Squeak projects using
my Multimedia Monticello (former Procustes End).
Cuis do not become FunSqueak but in the long run my hope is could load and
run his projects.

Edgar

Re: Squeak Oversight Board Election results 2014

Colin Putney-3

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 6:07 PM, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'd like to introduce your new Squeak Oversight Board for 2014.

1. Bert Freudenberg
2. Eliot Miranda
3. Tim Rowledge
4. Frank Shearar
5. Craig Latta
6. Chris Muller
7. David T. Lewis

Congrats to the new board!

Even though I didn't run this year, I enjoyed my time on the board immensely. Even though I'm not on the board anymore, I do plan to remain active in the community—making Environments into a useful tool will be my priority for Squeak 4.6.

Colin

Re: Squeak Oversight Board Election results 2014

Chris Muller-3
> Even though I didn't run this year, I enjoyed my time on the board
> immensely. Even though I'm not on the board anymore, I do plan to remain
> active in the community

I'm super glad about that!  I hope to look into Altitude this year,
your expertise will be invaluable for me.

> —making Environments into a useful tool will be my
> priority for Squeak 4.6.

And that too.  :)

Re: Squeak Oversight Board Election results 2014

Michael Perscheid
Hi all,

Congratulations to the new board. I think, you all will make a very good job for
the Squeak community.

Regarding the election, I am interested in one question:
How many people have voted?

And again, thanks Ron for the perfect organization of the election.

Best,
Michael

On 19.02.2014, at 17:22, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Even though I didn't run this year, I enjoyed my time on the board
>> immensely. Even though I'm not on the board anymore, I do plan to remain
>> active in the community
>
> I'm super glad about that!  I hope to look into Altitude this year,
> your expertise will be invaluable for me.
>
>> —making Environments into a useful tool will be my
>> priority for Squeak 4.6.
>
> And that too.  :)

---
Dr.-Ing. Michael Perscheid
[hidden email]

http://www.michaelperscheid.de/

On 20.02.2014, at 10:12, Michael Perscheid <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Congratulations to the new board. I think, you all will make a very good job for
> the Squeak community.
>
> Regarding the election, I am interested in one question:
> How many people have voted?

Detailed election results are here:

http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/results.pl?id=E_a467c120d84dac90

- Bert -