Squeak Port Status?

Ng Pheng Siong
Hi,

Just started playing with the Swazoo from SqueakMap, which says it is "published version 3", whatever that means. Fixed a bug wherein the request's IP address is in a ByteArray while the site config's IP address is in a string - this got the HelloWorldResource working, but FileMappingResource doesn't yet.

Seeing that there is now a Swazoo 1.0, I'm just wondering what the Squeak port status is? If the current SqueakMap release is an old version, then I'd rather spend time on the latest version.

Thanks. Happy hols!

- Pheng Siong

Re: Squeak Port Status?

Janko Mivšek
Hi Pheng Siong,

As far as I know, Squeak Swazoo was ported long ago by Lukas Renggli and
it was later modified by Avi Bryant. Squeak community mostly uses
KomHttp server (Commanche). I already proposed on Squeak mailing list to
merge both into one web server, which would then be the same for all
Smalltalk dialects:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2005-October/096261.html.

Goran Krampe as maintainer of KomHttp responded mostly positively:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2005-October/096263.html

If you as a knowledgeable Squeaker can help here a bit, you'll do a
great job! I think first step to do is to harmonize Swazoo on all
dialects to 1.0 as close as possible. We now support VW, Gemstone and
Dolphin. Squeak is definitively wery interesting to do as soon as
possible too. And we are looking for someone to compare both KomHttp and
Swazoo to find differences and smooth them out ...

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Miv�ek