[Squeak] String>>contentsAsMethod

Nicolas Petton
Hi again,

I think there is a little bug in this method in Squeak : "output
nextPutAll: ']'" should be replaced with "output nextPutAll: ')'".

This method does not work (at least with PNG and GIF) for me, the
returned array seems to be wrong. I replaced it with :

contentsAsMethod
        | array |
        array := (FileDirectory default oldFileNamed: self) binary contents
asArray.
        ^'^', array asString

Cheers,

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Une pi?ce jointe non texte a ?t? nettoy?e...
Nom: non disponible
Type: application/pgp-signature
Taille: 189 octets
Desc: Ceci est une partie de message

[Squeak] String>>contentsAsMethod

Janko Mivšek
Nicolas,

Thanks for this patch. You are actually a first serious user of only a
few months old Squeak Aida and we are appreciating your experience and
all cleanup actions this port still needs. Count on all my support here!

Best regards
Janko

nicolas petton wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I think there is a little bug in this method in Squeak : "output
> nextPutAll: ']'" should be replaced with "output nextPutAll: ')'".
>
> This method does not work (at least with PNG and GIF) for me, the
> returned array seems to be wrong. I replaced it with :
>
> contentsAsMethod
> | array |
> array := (FileDirectory default oldFileNamed: self) binary contents
> asArray.
> ^'^', array asString
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nicolas

Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

[Squeak] String>>contentsAsMethod

Nicolas Petton

Le mercredi 24 octobre 2007 ? 10:38 +0200, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :
> Nicolas,
>
> Thanks for this patch. You are actually a first serious user of only a
> few months old Squeak Aida and we are appreciating your experience and
> all cleanup actions this port still needs. Count on all my support here!
Thank you Janko!

I think it would be a good idea to update the Squeak port of Aida on
SqueakSource.

BTW, do you have an idea why Swazoo crashes when I stop and restart my
image ?

Cheers,

Nicolas

> Best regards
> Janko
>
> nicolas petton wrote:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > I think there is a little bug in this method in Squeak : "output
> > nextPutAll: ']'" should be replaced with "output nextPutAll: ')'".
> >
> > This method does not work (at least with PNG and GIF) for me, the
> > returned array seems to be wrong. I replaced it with :
> >
> > contentsAsMethod
> > | array |
> > array := (FileDirectory default oldFileNamed: self) binary contents
> > asArray.
> > ^'^', array asString
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Nicolas