Squeak VM port to Google Native Client

12

Re: Squeak VM port to Google Native Client

ccrraaiigg

Hi Javier--

> I think we are almost there.

     Cool, does it work now?

     thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume

Re: Squeak VM port to Google Native Client

Yoshiki Ohshima-3

At Sat, 18 Feb 2012 20:29:27 +0100,
Craig Latta wrote:

> Hi Javier--
>
> > I think we are almost there.
>
>      Cool, does it work now?

I also have been updating things (such as a JavaScript-NativeClient
bridge):

https://github.com/yoshikiohshima/NaClSqueak

This version works pretty good.

The executable files are downloadable from:

http://tinlizzie.org/~ohshima/squeak/

-- Yoshiki

Re: Squeak VM port to Google Native Client

stephane ducasse-2

do you know if the NativeClient infrastructure is getting better.

Stef

>> Hi Javier--
>>
>>> I think we are almost there.
>>
>>     Cool, does it work now?
>
> I also have been updating things (such as a JavaScript-NativeClient
> bridge):
>
> https://github.com/yoshikiohshima/NaClSqueak
>
> This version works pretty good.
>
> The executable files are downloadable from:
>
> http://tinlizzie.org/~ohshima/squeak/
>
> -- Yoshiki

Re: Squeak VM port to Google Native Client

Yoshiki Ohshima-3

At Sun, 19 Feb 2012 12:15:15 +0100,
stephane ducasse wrote:

> do you know if the NativeClient infrastructure is getting better.

It does appear that a lot of effort is put into it and it is getting
better at least incremental sense.  What a NaCl module can do is
fairly limited.  Writing a JIT compiler has been possible but the
generated code has to pass their code validator, and etc.

-- Yoshiki

Re: Squeak VM port to Google Native Client

dcorking

Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> http://tinlizzie.org/~ohshima/squeak/

This is wonderful! It also works on Chromium browser (We have version
15.0 here.)

Is this a second chance for Squeak in the plugin wars?

Have fun! David

Re: Squeak VM port to Google Native Client

Yoshiki Ohshima-3

At Sun, 19 Feb 2012 20:53:34 +0000,
David Corking wrote:

> Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
> > http://tinlizzie.org/~ohshima/squeak/
>
> This is wonderful! It also works on Chromium browser (We have version
> 15.0 here.)
>
> Is this a second chance for Squeak in the plugin wars?

Thanks for trying.

NaCl Squeak certainly provides a way to run Squeak "without
installing", but it does not appear that Native Client is not going to
be ubiquitous anytime soon.  So, one problem may be solved but we got
another...

-- Yoshiki
12