Squeak hanging on file upload

pmarchwiak
I am having some issues with Seaside's file upload. Occasionally I will be able to upload with no problems, but the majority of the time Squeak hangs, using 100% of the CPU. I am using the Seaside One-Click Experience 2.8.2 image available from seaside.st on Ubuntu Linux 8.04.
This is the file upload code I am using:

upload: aWAFile
        fs := FileStream newFileNamed: aWAFile fileName.
        [fs binary; nextPutAll: aWAFile contents]
                ensure: [fs close].

Any ideas? Could this be a general file streaming issue?

Re: Squeak hanging on file upload

Philippe Marschall
2008/7/30 pmarchwiak <[hidden email]>:

> I am having some issues with Seaside's file upload. Occasionally I will be
> able to upload with no problems, but the majority of the time Squeak hangs,
> using 100% of the CPU. I am using the Seaside One-Click Experience 2.8.2
> image available from seaside.st on Ubuntu Linux 8.04.
> This is the file upload code I am using:
>
> upload: aWAFile
>        fs := FileStream newFileNamed: aWAFile fileName.
>        [fs binary; nextPutAll: aWAFile contents]
>                ensure: [fs close].
>
> Any ideas? Could this be a general file streaming issue?

What is the size of your uploads?

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Squeak hanging on file upload

pmarchwiak
>> I am having some issues with Seaside's file upload. Occasionally I will be
>> able to upload with no problems, but the majority of the time Squeak hangs,
>> using 100% of the CPU. I am using the Seaside One-Click Experience 2.8.2
>> image available from seaside.st on Ubuntu Linux 8.04.
>> This is the file upload code I am using:
>>
>> upload: aWAFile
>>        fs := FileStream newFileNamed: aWAFile fileName.
>>        [fs binary; nextPutAll: aWAFile contents]
>>                ensure: [fs close].
>>
>> Any ideas? Could this be a general file streaming issue?

>What is the size of your uploads?

Fairly small ... 3-5 megabytes.

Re: Squeak hanging on file upload

Göran Krampe
Hi!

For chunkwise streaming upload, see my recent post with subject "Yes, it
works*".

Not sure what your specific problem can be though.

regards, Göran