Squeak joins the Software Freedom Conservancy

Squeak joins the Software Freedom Conservancy

Andreas.Raab
[see also
http://board.squeak.org/2010/07/01/squeak-joins-the-software-freedom-conservancy/
]

Squeak joins the Software Freedom Conservancy

The Squeak Oversight Board is excited to announce that Squeak is now a
member of the Software Freedom Conservancy[1]. The Software Freedom
Conservancy is an organization composed of Free and Open Source Software
(FOSS) projects. As a fiscal sponsor for FOSS projects, the Conservancy
provides member projects with free financial and administrative
services, but does not involve itself with technological and artistic
decisions.

By joining the Conservancy, Squeak obtains the benefits of a formal
legal structure while keeping focused on software development. The
benefits of joining the Conservancy include, most notably, the ability
to collect donations and protection from personal liability for the
developers of the project. Another benefit of joining the Conservancy is
we can use it to hold assets, which are managed by the Conservancy on
behalf of and at the direction of the Squeak Oversight Board. The
Conservancy is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, so member projects
can receive tax-deductible donations to the extent allowed by law.

[1] http://sfconservancy.org/overview/

Re: Squeak joins the Software Freedom Conservancy

Casey Ransberger-2
Touchdown!

On Jul 1, 2010, at 12:32 AM, Andreas Raab <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [see also http://board.squeak.org/2010/07/01/squeak-joins-the-software-freedom-conservancy/ ]
>
> Squeak joins the Software Freedom Conservancy
>
> The Squeak Oversight Board is excited to announce that Squeak is now a member of the Software Freedom Conservancy[1]. The Software Freedom Conservancy is an organization composed of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) projects. As a fiscal sponsor for FOSS projects, the Conservancy provides member projects with free financial and administrative services, but does not involve itself with technological and artistic decisions.
>
> By joining the Conservancy, Squeak obtains the benefits of a formal legal structure while keeping focused on software development. The benefits of joining the Conservancy include, most notably, the ability to collect donations and protection from personal liability for the developers of the project. Another benefit of joining the Conservancy is we can use it to hold assets, which are managed by the Conservancy on behalf of and at the direction of the Squeak Oversight Board. The Conservancy is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, so member projects can receive tax-deductible donations to the extent allowed by law.
>
> [1] http://sfconservancy.org/overview/

Re: Squeak joins the Software Freedom Conservancy

Göran Krampe
Great work!

regards, Göran

Re: Squeak joins the Software Freedom Conservancy

espin
Thanks for all the hard work done!
Bye
Enrico

--
Enrico Spinielli
"Do Androids dream of electric sheep?"— Philip K. Dick

Re: Squeak joins the Software Freedom Conservancy

Edgar De Cleene

On 7/1/10 4:32 AM, "Andreas Raab" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [see also
> http://board.squeak.org/2010/07/01/squeak-joins-the-software-freedom-conservan
> cy/
> ]
>
> Squeak joins the Software Freedom Conservancy
>
> The Squeak Oversight Board is excited to announce that Squeak is now a
> member of the Software Freedom Conservancy[1]. The Software Freedom
> Conservancy is an organization composed of Free and Open Source Software
> (FOSS) projects. As a fiscal sponsor for FOSS projects, the Conservancy
> provides member projects with free financial and administrative
> services, but does not involve itself with technological and artistic
> decisions.
>
> By joining the Conservancy, Squeak obtains the benefits of a formal
> legal structure while keeping focused on software development. The
> benefits of joining the Conservancy include, most notably, the ability
> to collect donations and protection from personal liability for the
> developers of the project. Another benefit of joining the Conservancy is
> we can use it to hold assets, which are managed by the Conservancy on
> behalf of and at the direction of the Squeak Oversight Board. The
> Conservancy is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, so member projects
> can receive tax-deductible donations to the extent allowed by law.
>
> [1] http://sfconservancy.org/overview/

A Day to remember, very , very thanks to all involved.

Oid mortales el grito sagrado
Libertad Libertad Libertad

Edgar

Re: Squeak joins the Software Freedom Conservancy

Simon Michael
Hurrah! Thanks to all who worked on this and kept going.

Re: Squeak joins the Software Freedom Conservancy

garduino
Excellent news!

2010/7/1 Simon Michael <[hidden email]>
Hurrah! Thanks to all who worked on this and kept going.

Re: Squeak joins the Software Freedom Conservancy

Igor Stasenko
On 1 July 2010 21:08, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Excellent news!

Indeed!

> 2010/7/1 Simon Michael <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hurrah! Thanks to all who worked on this and kept going.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

RE: Squeak joins the Software Freedom Conservancy

Ron Teitelbaum
Excellent news!  It's been a long and difficult process.  Thank you everyone
for your very hard work!  It's great to see this goal completed!

Ron Teitelbaum