Squeak news team?

timrowledge
I've been volunteered as the SOB news team representative; but the details we have don't provide me with much information as to who is taking any part in the team. So, whoever your, please email me to let me know and we'll try to get links reconnected.

tim
You never finish a program, you just stop working on it.

RE: Squeak news team?

Ron Teitelbaum
Hey Tim,

I've been trying to get a bit more engaged with the community again.  I was
on the News team officially for a number of years but then passed the baton.
Happy to take it back up again some.  I already have access to
news.squeak.org, and our squeak google plus page and a community page.

Let me know what you need.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum
Head Of Engineering
3d Immersive Collaboration Consulting
[hidden email]
Follow Me On Twitter: @RonTeitelbaum
www.3dicc.com

On 04-03-2013, at 2:55 PM, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Tim,
>
> I've been trying to get a bit more engaged with the community again.  I was
> on the News team officially for a number of years but then passed the baton.
> Happy to take it back up again some.  I already have access to
> news.squeak.org, and our squeak google plus page and a community page.
>
> Let me know what you need.

… a better memory from the looks of it!  I forgot to reply.

I couldn't find any current info about who is doing news, whether they want to keep doing it etc. More news to spread across the net would be great. I'm trying to keep Squeak in the Pi news for example, since I'm often 'over there'. What other places would be good to keep well-fed?

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari? = How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

RE: Squeak news team?

Ron Teitelbaum
Hey Tim,

I think in general we've been doing news.squeak.org.  There are a number of
people in Google Smalltalk group.

The Smalltalk Programming Language Group
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/118232744767945981369
Squeak Page
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/102330490592489316443/102330490592489316443/po
sts
Squeak Community
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/111117917267462353507
news.squeak.org http://news.squeak.org
Open Source Community
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106983593681462628689

Not sure how useful facebook is.  I didn't create a page there but we could.
Twitter is good too if you think that would be worthwhile.

When posting to news I usually also post to reddit technology.  If there is
something really interesting I will also post to /.  I could post to twitter
too.

Thoughts?

Ron

Re: Squeak news team?

Bert Freudenberg
On 2013-03-08, at 06:30, "Ron Teitelbaum" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Tim,
>
> I think in general we've been doing news.squeak.org.  There are a number of
> people in Google Smalltalk group.
>
> The Smalltalk Programming Language Group
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/118232744767945981369
> Squeak Page
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/102330490592489316443/102330490592489316443/po
> sts
> Squeak Community
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/111117917267462353507
> news.squeak.org http://news.squeak.org
> Open Source Community
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106983593681462628689
>
> Not sure how useful facebook is.  I didn't create a page there but we could.
> Twitter is good too if you think that would be worthwhile.
>
> When posting to news I usually also post to reddit technology.  If there is
> something really interesting I will also post to /.  I could post to twitter
> too.
>
> Thoughts?

I'm happy you're doing as much as you do. And the more the merrier. I'm a fan of Tim's deadpan humour, so seeing him contribute on news.squeak.org is great :)

- Bert -

Re: Squeak news team?

Simon Michael
On 3/4/13 11:13 AM, tim Rowledge wrote:
> I've been volunteered as the SOB news team representative; but the details we have don't provide me with much information as to who is taking any part in the team. So, whoever your, please email me to let me know and we'll try to get links reconnected.

Hi Tim,

if you need any updates to http://planet.squeak.org , or if someone else
would like to take it over and do more with it, I'll gladly help that
transition. I did a little spring cleaning recently but mostly I don't
touch it.

Best,
-Simon