Squeak on OpenBSD

Stuart Cassoff-2

Hi,

I've been working on porting Squeak to OpenBSD.
More info here: http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=149394727524484&w=2

Stu

Re: Squeak on OpenBSD

Stuart Cassoff-2

Now on https://github.com/aryler/ostoobsd

Current yield: VM:14 Image:21 Sources:8

Stu

Re: Squeak on OpenBSD

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Stu,

> On May 16, 2017, at 8:09 AM, Stuart Cassoff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Now on https://github.com/aryler/ostoobsd
>
> Current yield: VM:14 Image:21 Sources:8

Is there any reason why you would not fold your work back into opensmalltalk-vm/Cog and provide build.openbsd32x86 & build.openbsd64x64 ?

> Stu

Re: Squeak on OpenBSD

Stuart Cassoff-2

None!

Right now I've just got this thing off the ground and am still sussing things out.
f.ex I only today understood what the itimer heartbeat's all about.
It's very easy for me to work on this within the framework of the OpenBSD ports system.
It probably won't be long before my pull requests/bug reports/patches start showing up. :)

And of course, please, if anyone's got any suggestions I'd very much like to hear them.
Any more images or VMs or anything else I could add to this katamari of Smalltalk goodness?

Stu