Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Squeak works on OpenBSD

Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido
I'm happy to let you know that Squeak/Spur can now run on OpenBSD 6.0/amd64.

The relevant changes have been made available to https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm

I look forward to meet more Clog developers to share some ideas to improve the build toolchain and code portability.

Regards.
--
Gerardo Santana

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Squeak works on OpenBSD

Bert Freudenberg
On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 11:53 PM, Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido <[hidden email]> wrote:

Excellent!

- Bert -

Reply | Threaded
|

Eliot Miranda-2
In reply to this post by Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido
Hi Gerardo,

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido <[hidden email]> wrote:

The relevant changes have been made available to https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm

That's great news, thanks!  I wonder if instead of changing the build.linux* build files, which has the possibility of reaching something, it would be better to add build.openbsd32x86 et al.

I look forward to meet more Clog developers to share some ideas to improve the build toolchain and code portability.

As I said, I wonder if instead of changing the build.linux* build files, which has the possibility of reaching something, it would be better to add build.openbsd32x86 et al.

Regards.
--
Gerardo Santana

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Reply | Threaded
|

Hi Eliot!

that makes sense.

In the mean time, if there are no concerns about them, can you commit the changes to platforms/unix ? They're in the same pull request.

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Gerardo,

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido <[hidden email]> wrote:

That's great news, thanks!  I wonder if instead of changing the build.linux* build files, which has the possibility of reaching something, it would be better to add build.openbsd32x86 et al.

As I said, I wonder if instead of changing the build.linux* build files, which has the possibility of reaching something, it would be better to add build.openbsd32x86 et al.

Regards.
--
Gerardo Santana

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

--
Gerardo Santana

Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Eliot Miranda-2
that makes sense.

In the mean time, if there are no concerns about them, can you commit the changes to platforms/unix ? They're in the same pull request.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Gerardo,

Regards.
--
Gerardo Santana

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

--
Gerardo Santana

Reply | Threaded
|

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Gerardo,

yes, as soon as you update the code re RTLD_NODELETE as per my comment, ok?

_,,,^..^,,,_ (phone)

On Oct 4, 2016, at 12:28 AM, Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido <[hidden email]> wrote:

that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Gerardo,

Regards.
--
Gerardo Santana

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

--
Gerardo Santana

Reply | Threaded
|

Tobias Pape

On 04.10.2016, at 19:31, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gerardo,
>
>    yes, as soon as you update the code re RTLD_NODELETE as per my comment, ok?

I think the RTLD_NODELETE code (Or better, the now Introduced RTLD_MODE) is ok :)

>
> _,,,^..^,,,_ (phone)
>
> On Oct 4, 2016, at 12:28 AM, Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> that makes sense.
>>
>> In the mean time, if there are no concerns about them, can you commit the changes to platforms/unix ? They're in the same pull request.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Gerardo,
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm happy to let you know that Squeak/Spur can now run on OpenBSD 6.0/amd64.
>>
>> The relevant changes have been made available to https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm
>>
>> That's great news, thanks!  I wonder if instead of changing the build.linux* build files, which has the possibility of reaching something, it would be better to add build.openbsd32x86 et al.
>>
>>  
>> I look forward to meet more Clog developers to share some ideas to improve the build toolchain and code portability.
>>
>> As I said, I wonder if instead of changing the build.linux* build files, which has the possibility of reaching something, it would be better to add build.openbsd32x86 et al.
>>
>> Regards.
>> --
>> Gerardo Santana
>>  
>> _,,,^..^,,,_
>> best, Eliot
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Gerardo Santana
>>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Hi Eliot,

I didn't delete any call. I just conditionally omit RTLD_NODELETE when the OS is OpenBSD. It should not affect any other OS.

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 12:38 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 04.10.2016, at 19:31, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gerardo,
>
>    yes, as soon as you update the code re RTLD_NODELETE as per my comment, ok?

I think the RTLD_NODELETE code (Or better, the now Introduced RTLD_MODE) is ok :)

>
> _,,,^..^,,,_ (phone)
>
> On Oct 4, 2016, at 12:28 AM, Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> that makes sense.
>>
>> In the mean time, if there are no concerns about them, can you commit the changes to platforms/unix ? They're in the same pull request.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Gerardo,
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm happy to let you know that Squeak/Spur can now run on OpenBSD 6.0/amd64.
>>
>> The relevant changes have been made available to https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm
>>
>> That's great news, thanks!  I wonder if instead of changing the build.linux* build files, which has the possibility of reaching something, it would be better to add build.openbsd32x86 et al.
>>
>>
>> I look forward to meet more Clog developers to share some ideas to improve the build toolchain and code portability.
>>
>> As I said, I wonder if instead of changing the build.linux* build files, which has the possibility of reaching something, it would be better to add build.openbsd32x86 et al.
>>
>> Regards.
>> --
>> Gerardo Santana
>>
>> _,,,^..^,,,_
>> best, Eliot
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>