Squeak works on OpenBSD

Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido
I'm happy to let you know that Squeak/Spur can now run on OpenBSD 6.0/amd64.

The relevant changes have been made available to https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm

I look forward to meet more Clog developers to share some ideas to improve the build toolchain and code portability.

Regards.
--
Gerardo Santana

Re: Squeak works on OpenBSD

Bert Freudenberg
On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 11:53 PM, Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm happy to let you know that Squeak/Spur can now run on OpenBSD 6.0/amd64.

Excellent!

- Bert -

Re: Squeak works on OpenBSD

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Gerardo,

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm happy to let you know that Squeak/Spur can now run on OpenBSD 6.0/amd64.

The relevant changes have been made available to https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm

That's great news, thanks!  I wonder if instead of changing the build.linux* build files, which has the possibility of reaching something, it would be better to add build.openbsd32x86 et al.

I look forward to meet more Clog developers to share some ideas to improve the build toolchain and code portability.

As I said, I wonder if instead of changing the build.linux* build files, which has the possibility of reaching something, it would be better to add build.openbsd32x86 et al.

Regards.
--
Gerardo Santana

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: Squeak works on OpenBSD

Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido
Hi Eliot!

that makes sense.

In the mean time, if there are no concerns about them, can you commit the changes to platforms/unix ? They're in the same pull request.

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

   yes, as soon as you update the code re RTLD_NODELETE as per my comment, ok?

_,,,^..^,,,_ (phone)

On Oct 4, 2016, at 12:28 AM, Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Tobias Pape

On 04.10.2016, at 19:31, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gerardo,
>
>    yes, as soon as you update the code re RTLD_NODELETE as per my comment, ok?

I think the RTLD_NODELETE code (Or better, the now Introduced RTLD_MODE) is ok :)

> _,,,^..^,,,_ (phone)
>
> On Oct 4, 2016, at 12:28 AM, Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> that makes sense.
>>
>> In the mean time, if there are no concerns about them, can you commit the changes to platforms/unix ? They're in the same pull request.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Gerardo,
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm happy to let you know that Squeak/Spur can now run on OpenBSD 6.0/amd64.
>>
>> The relevant changes have been made available to https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm
>>
>> That's great news, thanks!  I wonder if instead of changing the build.linux* build files, which has the possibility of reaching something, it would be better to add build.openbsd32x86 et al.
>>

>> I look forward to meet more Clog developers to share some ideas to improve the build toolchain and code portability.
>>
>> As I said, I wonder if instead of changing the build.linux* build files, which has the possibility of reaching something, it would be better to add build.openbsd32x86 et al.
>>
>> Regards.
>> --
>> Gerardo Santana

>> best, Eliot
>>

>> --
>> Gerardo Santana

Re: Squeak works on OpenBSD

Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido
Hi Eliot,

I didn't delete any call. I just conditionally omit RTLD_NODELETE when the OS is OpenBSD. It should not affect any other OS.

--
Gerardo Santana