SqueakMap Package Loader?

Markus Fritsche
I just tried to start a SM Package loader which issued a dnu. Is it my image
or is ImageSegment broken?

Is SM deprecated? It seems so in the official squeak distribution...

Re: SqueakMap Package Loader?

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi

> I just tried to start a SM Package loader which issued a dnu.

could you send the stack?

> Is it my image or is ImageSegment broken?

ImageSegment was full of etoy hacks so it may happen that we break it.
Or that we break its etoy friendliness.

> Is SM deprecated?

Yes or at least we did not check it. Our intention was not to
deprecated but we should focus on MC.

> It seems so in the official squeak distribution...

Deprecated?
I do not know.

Re: SqueakMap Package Loader?

Adrian Lienhard

On Apr 18, 2009, at 20:18 , Markus Fritsche wrote:

> I just tried to start a SM Package loader which issued a dnu. Is it
> my image
> or is ImageSegment broken?
>
> Is SM deprecated? It seems so in the official squeak distribution...

Our plan is to remove SM from Pharo core and treat it as an external
package (IIRC Keith already provided means to load it).

Adrian

Re: SqueakMap Package Loader?

Stéphane Ducasse
yes so this is still interesting to know whether it is broken as an
external package.
On Apr 19, 2009, at 2:25 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> On Apr 18, 2009, at 20:18 , Markus Fritsche wrote:
>
>> I just tried to start a SM Package loader which issued a dnu. Is it
>> my image
>> or is ImageSegment broken?
>>
>> Is SM deprecated? It seems so in the official squeak distribution...
>
> Our plan is to remove SM from Pharo core and treat it as an external
> package (IIRC Keith already provided means to load it).
>
> Adrian

Re: SqueakMap Package Loader?

Göran Krampe
Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> yes so this is still interesting to know whether it is broken as an
> external package.

I can take a look later tonight. I tried showing Pharo to a friend here
and noticed it was broken. I think it may be the issue I fixed earlier -
perhaps just not put into Pharo.

regards, Göran

Re: SqueakMap Package Loader?

Stéphane Ducasse
Thansk goran.
If you can make sure that squeakMap is working as an external package
this is great.
This is not our purpose to consciously break it (as we are doing with
etoy and friends).

Stef