SqueakSource3 (was: Re: [Pharo-project] Pharo Sources Google Hit Ratio)

SqueakSource3 (was: Re: [Pharo-project] Pharo Sources Google Hit Ratio)

Tobias Pape
Am 2011-02-22 um 23:59 schrieb Stéphane Ducasse:

> what is squeaksource3?
> when did it start?
> Stef

>>> New SqueakSource currently in development by Iliad guys will have nice
>>> REST-full Urls for the Smalltalk code. Google searchable therefore!
>>

>> so will squeaksource3
>>
>> so long,
>> -tobias

Squeaksource3 is at
http://squeaksource.com/squeaksource3.html (when working)
and a (manual, not-up-to-date) mirror at
http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/squeaksource3.html

I started this thing around mid-last year in efforts
to get SqueakSource working on Seaside3, Magritte2
and gemstone with Email support, while integrating
the different squeaksource versions floating around.
During that time I tried to make SqueakSource more
Framework-like to enhance extensibility.
Philippe and Dale contributed much to the current state.
  In the last 3 month, I had little time for this
project, but I plan to be able to release an alpha or so
in the next weeks.

So Long,
        -Tobias

Re: [Pharo-project] SqueakSource3 (was: Re: Pharo Sources Google Hit Ratio)

laurent laffont
On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am 2011-02-22 um 23:59 schrieb Stéphane Ducasse:
> what is squeaksource3?
> when did it start?
> Stef

>>> New SqueakSource currently in development by Iliad guys will have nice
>>> REST-full Urls for the Smalltalk code. Google searchable therefore!
>>

>> so will squeaksource3
>>
>> so long,
>>      -tobias

Squeaksource3 is at
http://squeaksource.com/squeaksource3.html (when working)
and a (manual, not-up-to-date) mirror at
http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/squeaksource3.html

I started this thing around mid-last year in efforts
to get SqueakSource working on Seaside3, Magritte2
and gemstone with Email support, while integrating
the different squeaksource versions floating around.
During that time I tried to make SqueakSource more
Framework-like to enhance extensibility.
Philippe and Dale contributed much to the current state.
 In the last 3 month, I had little time for this
project, but I plan to be able to release an alpha or so
in the next weeks.

Would be cool to have a webdesigner making this sexy :)

Laurent.

So Long,
       -Tobias

Re: [Pharo-project] SqueakSource3 (was: Re: Pharo Sources Google Hit Ratio)

Camillo Bruni

On 2011-02-25, at 10:19, laurent laffont wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Am 2011-02-22 um 23:59 schrieb Stéphane Ducasse:
>>> what is squeaksource3?
>>> when did it start?
>>> Stef

>> Squeaksource3 is at
>> http://squeaksource.com/squeaksource3.html (when working)
>> and a (manual, not-up-to-date) mirror at
>> http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/squeaksource3.html
>>
>> I started this thing around mid-last year in efforts
>> to get SqueakSource working on Seaside3, Magritte2
>> and gemstone with Email support, while integrating
>> the different squeaksource versions floating around.
>> During that time I tried to make SqueakSource more
>> Framework-like to enhance extensibility.
>> Philippe and Dale contributed much to the current state.
>> In the last 3 month, I had little time for this
>> project, but I plan to be able to release an alpha or so
>> in the next weeks.
>>

> Would be cool to have a webdesigner making this sexy :

wasn't there a squeasource 2 which was nicely designed?

camillo

Am 2011-02-25 um 10:23 schrieb Camillo Bruni:

>>> Squeaksource3 is at
>>> http://squeaksource.com/squeaksource3.html (when working)
>>> and a (manual, not-up-to-date) mirror at
>>> http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/squeaksource3.html
>>>
>>> I started this thing around mid-last year in efforts
>>> to get SqueakSource working on Seaside3, Magritte2
>>> and gemstone with Email support, while integrating
>>> the different squeaksource versions floating around.
>>> During that time I tried to make SqueakSource more
>>> Framework-like to enhance extensibility.
>>> Philippe and Dale contributed much to the current state.
>>> In the last 3 month, I had little time for this
>>> project, but I plan to be able to release an alpha or so
>>> in the next weeks.
>>>

>> Would be cool to have a webdesigner making this sexy :
>
> wasn't there a squeasource 2 which was nicely designed?
>
> camillo

Squeaksource 3 builds on Squeaksource 2 but is for seaside3+magritte2
and not seaside2.8+magritte1

so long,
        -tobias

Am 2011-02-25 um 10:19 schrieb laurent laffont:

> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
> […]
>
>> I started this thing around mid-last year in efforts
>> to get SqueakSource working on Seaside3, Magritte2
>> and gemstone with Email support, while integrating
>> the different squeaksource versions floating around.
>> During that time I tried to make SqueakSource more
>> Framework-like to enhance extensibility.
>> Philippe and Dale contributed much to the current state.
>>  In the last 3 month, I had little time for this
>> project, but I plan to be able to release an alpha or so
>> in the next weeks.
>>
> Would be cool to have a webdesigner making this sexy :)
>
> Laurent.

Full ACK.
Alas, I’m at most typographer and in no way web designer:/

So Long
        -Tobias

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am 2011-02-25 um 10:19 schrieb laurent laffont:

> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
> […]
>
>> I started this thing around mid-last year in efforts
>> to get SqueakSource working on Seaside3, Magritte2
>> and gemstone with Email support, while integrating
>> the different squeaksource versions floating around.
>> During that time I tried to make SqueakSource more
>> Framework-like to enhance extensibility.
>> Philippe and Dale contributed much to the current state.
>>  In the last 3 month, I had little time for this
>> project, but I plan to be able to release an alpha or so
>> in the next weeks.
>>
> Would be cool to have a webdesigner making this sexy :)
>
> Laurent.

Full ACK.
Alas, I’m at most typographer and in no way web designer:/

May be we can launch a SqueakSource design contest with a prize to be won at ESUG 2011 conference

Laurent.

So Long
       -Tobias