StORE with PostGreSQL and another than standard Port

StORE with PostGreSQL and another than standard Port

BREITH Karl-Albert (AREVA)

How can I connect my VW7.10-Image to a StORE database with PostGreSQL, but another than the default port 5432 ?

Is there a way ?

Karl Breith
AREVA GmbH
FDN-G

Postfach 1109
91001 Erlangen

Phone:   +49 (0) 9131 900 95544

Fax:      +49 (0) 9131 900 94081

mail to:  [hidden email]

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Philippe Knoche - Geschäftsführer: Stefan vom Scheidt, Carsten Haferkamp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Erlangen - Registergericht: Fürth, HRB 7817 -
www.areva.com - Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE 206407096

Supervisory Board Chairman: Philippe Knoche - Managing Directors: Stefan vom Scheidt, Carsten Haferkamp
Company Seat: Erlangen - Commercial Registries Fürth, HRB 7817 -
www.areva.com - VAT ID code: DE 206407096

Wichtiger Hinweis: Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse bzw. sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Kenntnisnahme des Inhalts, eine Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich untersagt. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen Dank.

Important Note: This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: StORE with PostGreSQL and another than standard Port

BREITH Karl-Albert (AREVA)

Possible string in connection mask:

hotsname_port:database_name

Thanks for any help.

Re: StORE with PostGreSQL and another than standard Port

Maarten Mostert

You should just setup your PostgreSQL server to listen to a different port by modifying the port number in the postgresql.conf file I think and then restart your server.

Regards,

@+Maarten,

> "BREITH Karl-Albert (AREVA)" <[hidden email]> |

Possible string in connection mask:

hotsname_port:database_name

Thanks for any help.

Re: StORE with PostGreSQL and another than standard Port

David Buck-2
Try

hostname:port_database

David Buck

Simberon Incorporated
www.simberon.com

Re: StORE with PostGreSQL and another than standard Port

Tom Robinson-4
Karl-Albert,

The hostname:port_databaseName string will allow you to connect on a different port ONLY IF the PostgreSQL database is listening on the new port you have specified. If it isn't currently listening on that port, look at Maarten's post in this thread to change the ports that the server listens on. If you don't have control of the server, it gets more complicated...

On 6/23/14, 11:16 PM, BREITH Karl-Albert (AREVA) wrote:

Possible string in connection mask:

hotsname_port:database_name

Thanks for any help.

Re: StORE with PostGreSQL and another than standard Port

Niall Ross
Dear Karl-Albert,
    (trivial addition to Tom's post) if you do not have control of the
server(s) and want to listen to one or more remote servers, all of whose
postgres installations listen on port 5432, you could use ssh tunnels to
map that port on each server to different ports on localhost.

             Just a thought
                Niall Ross