StOre Performance Question

Michael Gross-4
            Hi,
                 I have a bundle that is loading into a vanilla image SUPER slowly. This bundle constists of a few bundles and a couple packages.
            I have tried the Speed-up / optimization tips listed on the wikki and it has helped (added indexes / updated views) but, it still seems too long.
            If I load all of the child bundles and packages individually it is much quicker. Is there something I should look at in the bundle?
            Any thoughts would  be appreciated.

            TIA !

Michael Gross

Solution Center
Blue Heron Consulting
90 Airpark Dr, Suite 200
Rochester, NY 14624

www.BlueHeron-Consulting.com

Office: 800-253-3449 / 585-464-8035 (x207)
Fax:    800-464-9901 / 585-464-9760

Re: StOre Performance Question

Bruce Badger
On 30/08/2007, Michael Gross <[hidden email]> wrote:

>             Hi,
>                  I have a bundle that is loading into a vanilla image SUPER
> slowly.

What DBMS are you using?

http://www.openskills.org/

Re: StOre Performance Question

Bruce Badger
Michael,

On 30/08/2007, Michael Gross <[hidden email]> wrote:
>                  I have a bundle that is loading into a vanilla image SUPER
> slowly. This bundle constists of a few bundles and a couple packages.
>             I have tried the Speed-up / optimization tips listed on the
> wikki and it has helped (added indexes / updated views) but, it still seems
> too long.
>             If I load all of the child bundles and packages individually it
> is much quicker. Is there something I should look at in the bundle?
>             Any thoughts would  be appreciated.

You told me in a mail direct to me that you are using PostgreSQL.

Have you run a vacuum analyze on this database?  Other than that I
can't think of anything simple.

All the best,
   Bruce
http://www.openskills.org/

RE: StOre Performance Question

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
We should also point out that all recent versions of PostgreSQL include
an autovacuum daemon, although you do need to enable it first, see

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/routine-vacuuming.html#AU
TOVACUUM

or (short link, see 22.1.4. The auto-vacuum daemon),

http://tinyurl.com/2aop8t

Cheers,

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

Andres Valloud-6
Michael,

Does this bundle have overrides?

Thanks,
Andres.

RE: StOre Performance Question

Andres Valloud-6
Hello,

Michael confirmed that indeed, taking the overrides out of the bundle caused much quicker load times.

A few days ago I made these small changes to Store, but unfortunately I have not obtained external confirmation that they work yet.  I think these should work, and although perhaps I am wrong, maybe this is a good opportunity for the corageous to take a look.  I'd be more than happy to hear what you think.

Thanks,
Andres.

Bundle-checkForOverridesInBundleLoadassumingLeafItems.st (1K) Download Attachment
Bundle-loadSrc.st (1K) Download Attachment

Re: StOre Performance Question

Charles Adams
Andres,

I'm confused. You made changes to Store so that loading bundles containing overrides now takes longer than before? Was this to properly reconcile the overrides and make it possible to override *within* the bundle?

Charlie

RE: StOre Performance Question

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
The way I read it is that Andres had addressed the issue and improved
performance few days prior and haven't really had a chance to confirm
with others that it works.

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

<http://www.blueheron-consulting.com/>

> Office: 800-253-3449 / 585-464-8035 (x207)
> Fax:    800-464-9901 / 585-464-9760

RE: StOre Performance Question

Andres Valloud-6
Guys,

I got the following feedback:

"Good news, those changes have speeded up my load time considerably and
everything is working correctly.  They have cut my load time by at least
half [...]"

If I do not hear of any problems, I will queue these changes for
inclusion in Store.

Thanks,
Andres.