Stack overflow when upgrading GLASS from the menus

Stack overflow when upgrading GLASS from the menus

Thelliez
Hello all,

When using Update...>GLASS from GemTools menus, I get a stack overflow when trying to upgrade to 8.6.  Could you please remind me how to deal with that?

Thanks,
Thierry

Re: Stack overflow when upgrading GLASS from the menus

Dale Henrichs
On 04/29/2011 10:42 AM, Thierry Thelliez wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> When using Update...>GLASS from GemTools menus, I get a stack overflow
> when trying to upgrade to 8.6.  Could you please remind me how to deal
> with that?
>

> Thanks,
> Thierry

Thierry,

That isn't supposed to happen ... could you post some details from the
stack so I can understand what the bug might be?

Dale

Re: Stack overflow when upgrading GLASS from the menus

Thelliez
Dale,

I sent you a copy of the stack.  I seems that there is an infinite loop with GciSession getNbResult.  The last line is looping on itself.

Thierry

On 04/29/2011 11:28 AM, Thierry Thelliez wrote:
> Dale,
>
> I sent you a copy of the stack.  I seems that there is an infinite loop
> with GciSession getNbResult.  The last line is looping on itself.
>

> Thierry

 From the stack ... you ran out of memory in the gemstone vm ... we'll
want to track that down..

Dale

Re: Stack overflow when upgrading GLASS from the menus

Thelliez
OK, I am now on 8.6. :-)

But I have a question regarding the UI intent. I was able to go to 8.6 from 8.2 loading the updates one by one (8.3, 8.4, 8.5...). Is the UI loading all the intermediary versions?  Loading 8.6 directly failed several times.

Thierry

Re: Stack overflow when upgrading GLASS from the menus

Dale Henrichs
The UI does one big load ... did you fail with out of memory or was there some other problem?

Dale