classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

StackVM on iOS: the return

philippeback
Hello

I've been updating the blessed/ thing from git (pull, merge master), taken a fresh image, loaded the 4.7 and generated sources.

Cmake and fix works.

Project opens in XCode 4.3

But...

The linking step fails because the .a files for the plugins aren't found.

I can't figure out why since all this Cmake machinery makes a ton of scripts all over the place.

Any clue to get me out of that?

Thanks!

Philippe Back
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: StackVM on iOS: the return

EstebanLM
Hi,

yes... cmake is still not making a good job on creating xcode projects. For now, I touch that manually after generation, I still didn't find the time to correct it... if you find a way, please let me know.

btw... I think this vm related stuff belongs to vm-dev list, I'm redirecting there.

best,
Esteban

On May 10, 2012, at 9:46 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've been updating the blessed/ thing from git (pull, merge master), taken a fresh image, loaded the 4.7 and generated sources.
>
> Cmake and fix works.
>
> Project opens in XCode 4.3
>
> But...
>
> The linking step fails because the .a files for the plugins aren't found.
>
> I can't figure out why since all this Cmake machinery makes a ton of scripts all over the place.
>
> Any clue to get me out of that?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Philippe Back

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [Vm-dev] Re: StackVM on iOS: the return

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

yes... cmake is still not making a good job on creating xcode projects. For now, I touch that manually after generation, I still didn't find the time to correct it... if you find a way, please let me know.

Indeed. I had the same problem but no working solution. See: http://forum.world.st/Problem-with-external-plugins-with-automated-XCode-project-td3455670.html

btw... I think this vm related stuff belongs to vm-dev list, I'm redirecting there.

best,
Esteban

> Hello
>
> I've been updating the blessed/ thing from git (pull, merge master), taken a fresh image, loaded the 4.7 and generated sources.
>
> Cmake and fix works.
>
>
> But...
>
>
> I can't figure out why since all this Cmake machinery makes a ton of scripts all over the place.
>
>
> Thanks!
>
> Philippe Back

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: StackVM on iOS: the return

philippeback
In reply to this post by EstebanLM
Which list is that? So that I can register.

Phil

2012/5/10 Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>
Hi,

best,
Esteban

> Hello
>
>
> Cmake and fix works.
>
>
> But...
>
>
>
>
> Thanks!
>
> Philippe Back

--
Philippe Back
"Helping you hit the top 3 outcomes you really want to achieve"

Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027 Mail: [hidden email] | Web: http://philippeback.eu | Blog:

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101
1301 Bierges

Reply | Threaded
|

philippeback
In reply to this post by Mariano Martinez Peck
I have been able to get it build.

Set ConfigurationBuilDir to $(BUILD_DIR)/$(CONFIGURATION) and the next entry (temp) to $(PROJECT_TEMP_DIR)/$(CONFIGURATION)

This will make it build.

But then, this is what I get with the code base in the Xcode debug log when running on the iPad:

2012-05-10 10:01:39.695 iStackVM[1954:707] Application windows are expected to have a root view controller at the end of application launch

errno 12

startOfmmapForANONMemory failed: Cannot allocate memory

At this point, either we can look at this at PharoConf or this path is definitely dead in the water for me.

I'll switch back to regular Xcode Objective-C and other platforms as this is not looking like a very viable target despite the potential benefits. Enough time lost.

That's too bad since iPad is the fastest growing consumer level device taking over the world and it is not getting enough love.

CMake reminders me of Maven2: an excellent tool, provided you invest 3 months straight in getting all the warts out. A single basic Xcode project would suffice and be easier to maintain.

Phil

2012/5/10 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>

Hi,

Indeed. I had the same problem but no working solution. See: http://forum.world.st/Problem-with-external-plugins-with-automated-XCode-project-td3455670.html

best,
Esteban

> Hello
>
>
> Cmake and fix works.
>
>
> But...
>
>
>
>
> Thanks!
>
> Philippe Back

--
Mariano

--
Philippe Back

Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027 Mail: [hidden email] | Web: http://philippeback.eu | Blog:

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101
1301 Bierges

Reply | Threaded
|

EstebanLM
Perfect! I added them to CMakeMaker and now is generating without need of hand work. 

Thanks!
Esteban 

On May 10, 2012, at 10:09 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

I have been able to get it build.

Set ConfigurationBuilDir to $(BUILD_DIR)/$(CONFIGURATION) and the next entry (temp) to $(PROJECT_TEMP_DIR)/$(CONFIGURATION)

This will make it build.

But then, this is what I get with the code base in the Xcode debug log when running on the iPad:

2012-05-10 10:01:39.695 iStackVM[1954:707] Application windows are expected to have a root view controller at the end of application launch
errno 12
startOfmmapForANONMemory failed: Cannot allocate memory

At this point, either we can look at this at PharoConf or this path is definitely dead in the water for me.

I'll switch back to regular Xcode Objective-C and other platforms as this is not looking like a very viable target despite the potential benefits. Enough time lost.

That's too bad since iPad is the fastest growing consumer level device taking over the world and it is not getting enough love.

CMake reminders me of Maven2: an excellent tool, provided you invest 3 months straight in getting all the warts out. A single basic Xcode project would suffice and be easier to maintain.

Phil

2012/5/10 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>

Hi,

best,
Esteban

> Hello
>
>
> Cmake and fix works.
>
>
> But...
>
>
>
>
> Thanks!
>
> Philippe Back

--
Mariano

--
Philippe Back

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101
1301 Bierges