Standalone JSON Package

Udo Schneider
All,

what's the best option for a stand-alone JSON package w/o Seaside
dependency.

The most stripped down way to load JSON support I found up to now is:

Gofer it
        squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
        load.

ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project latestVersion load: #('Javascript-Core')

This however also loads a lot of Seaside stuff. As the JSON support is
for a (non-web) server app only all the Seaside stuff is not really needed.

Thanks,

Udo

Re: Standalone JSON Package

Lukas Renggli
I don't think that the JSON parser class has any real dependencies, so
you could just move it to your code.

Also there is a JSON parser that uses PetitParser (the package
PetitJson in http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/petit). It requires the
package PetitParser as a dependency though. If I remember correctly it
is polymorphic to the JSON parser in Seaside and it passes the same
tests.

Also  you find (several) implementations of JSON parsers on SqueakSource.

Lukas

On 22 August 2011 12:19, Udo Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> what's the best option for a stand-alone JSON package w/o Seaside
> dependency.
>
> The most stripped down way to load JSON support I found up to now is:
>
> Gofer it
>        squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>        package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>        load.
>
> ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project latestVersion load: #('Javascript-Core')
>
> This however also loads a lot of Seaside stuff. As the JSON support is for a
> (non-web) server app only all the Seaside stuff is not really needed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Udo

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Standalone JSON Package

John McKeon
Don't forget the JSON package in your omnibrowser repo for OBWeb. It looks like it stands without any dependancies.
Joh

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 7:04 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't think that the JSON parser class has any real dependencies, so
you could just move it to your code.

Also there is a JSON parser that uses PetitParser (the package
PetitJson in http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/petit). It requires the
package PetitParser as a dependency though. If I remember correctly it
is polymorphic to the JSON parser in Seaside and it passes the same
tests.

Also  you find (several) implementations of JSON parsers on SqueakSource.

Lukas

On 22 August 2011 12:19, Udo Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:
> All,
>
> what's the best option for a stand-alone JSON package w/o Seaside
> dependency.
>
> The most stripped down way to load JSON support I found up to now is:
>
> Gofer it
>        squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>        package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>        load.
>
> ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project latestVersion load: #('Javascript-Core')
>
> This however also loads a lot of Seaside stuff. As the JSON support is for a
> (non-web) server app only all the Seaside stuff is not really needed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Udo

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Standalone JSON Package

Lukas Renggli
Yes, that's the one originally coming from here
<http://www.crockford.com/JSON/index.html>.

Lukas

On 22 August 2011 13:18, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Don't forget the JSON package in your omnibrowser repo for OBWeb. It looks
> like it stands without any dependancies.
> Joh
>
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 7:04 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I don't think that the JSON parser class has any real dependencies, so
>> you could just move it to your code.
>>
>> Also there is a JSON parser that uses PetitParser (the package
>> PetitJson in http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/petit). It requires the
>> package PetitParser as a dependency though. If I remember correctly it
>> is polymorphic to the JSON parser in Seaside and it passes the same
>> tests.
>>
>> Also  you find (several) implementations of JSON parsers on SqueakSource.
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> On 22 August 2011 12:19, Udo Schneider <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > All,
>> >
>> > what's the best option for a stand-alone JSON package w/o Seaside
>> > dependency.
>> >
>> > The most stripped down way to load JSON support I found up to now is:
>> >
>> > Gofer it
>> >        squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>> >        package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>> >        load.
>> >
>> > ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project latestVersion load:
>> > #('Javascript-Core')
>> >
>> > This however also loads a lot of Seaside stuff. As the JSON support is
>> > for a
>> > (non-web) server app only all the Seaside stuff is not really needed.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Udo

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Standalone JSON Package

Lukas Renggli
Sorry, wrong link. This is the correct one:
http://www.squeaksource.com/JSON.html.

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Standalone JSON Package

Runar Jordahl
I use this one for the Riak Interface, which has no dependency on
Seaside. Works great.

Runar

2011/8/22 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:
> Sorry, wrong link. This is the correct one:
> http://www.squeaksource.com/JSON.html.

Re: Standalone JSON Package

Udo Schneider
Thanks for all the answers. I just checked the JSON package and it works
w/o any dependencies.

Is it valid to say, that the JSON support in Javascript-Core should only
be used from/by seaside packages then?

Best Regards,

Udo

On 22.08.11 13:26, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Sorry, wrong link. This is the correct one:
> http://www.squeaksource.com/JSON.html.
>
> On 22 August 2011 13:26, Lukas Renggli<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Yes, that's the one originally coming from here
>> <http://www.crockford.com/JSON/index.html>.
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> On 22 August 2011 13:18, John McKeon<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>> Don't forget the JSON package in your omnibrowser repo for OBWeb. It looks
>>> like it stands without any dependancies.
>>> Joh

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Standalone JSON Package

Lukas Renggli
On 22 August 2011 13:32, Udo Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for all the answers. I just checked the JSON package and it works w/o
> any dependencies.
>
> Is it valid to say, that the JSON support in Javascript-Core should only be
> used from/by seaside packages then?

I don't know by heart on what Javascript-Core depends on, but likely
this is Seaside-Core. There are a few internal packages (such as
JQuery-Core) that use the JSON parser and thus depend on that
Javascript-Core.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Standalone JSON Package

Philippe Marschall
2011/8/22 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>:
> On 22 August 2011 13:32, Udo Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks for all the answers. I just checked the JSON package and it works w/o
>> any dependencies.
>>
>> Is it valid to say, that the JSON support in Javascript-Core should only be
>> used from/by seaside packages then?
>
> I don't know by heart on what Javascript-Core depends on, but likely
> this is Seaside-Core.

Yes, core and canvas. Keep in mind though, it's Javascript-Core, not
JSON-Core. It contains also Javascript things.

> There are a few internal packages (such as
> JQuery-Core) that use the JSON parser and thus depend on that
> Javascript-Core.

Cheers
Philippe