Standard format of source code

KlausK
Is there any way to control the behavior of 'standard formating' the
source?
I would like to have the brackets in a new line and the closing one
beneath the opening one.

Re: Standard format of source code

Ian Bartholomew-19
Klaus,

> Is there any way to control the behavior of 'standard formating' the
> source?

Yes ....

> I would like to have the brackets in a new line and the closing one
> beneath the opening one.

...  but I don't know of that's one of the options it provides.  Trying to
change formatter options, so that it produces the output I want in _all_
cases, is something that I lost faith in some time ago. :-)

Open Dolphin, go into "User Preferences", open the "Development System" tree
and click on "Formatter Class".  The list in the right hand pane should show
two options with "RBFormatter" being the selected default.  Change it to
select "RBConfigurableFormatter".  The "Formatter Class" tree entry should
now have 21 configurable formatting options.

Good luck :-)

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: Standard format of source code

KlausK
Many thanks for answering quickly!

I tried out your suggestion - it is a little bit better but it is not the
philosopher's stone...

Have a nice day!