Standardisation of Interfaces within Pharo/Squeak ...

Standardisation of Interfaces within Pharo/Squeak ...

stepken
Hello!

Don't know, how much sense it makes, when i ask for "standardisation",
portability ....

There are a few (less active) projects floating around in the world wide
waiste, e.g.

SPORT: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sport/
http://camp.smalltalk.org/

Even within Squeak i had several incompatibilities with .pr files. I
really hate that.

We here have/had the smtalltalk elite at work, seeming being unable to
solve such standard problems ...

Second problem: Monticello is not failsafe. I slowed down my internet
connection and pulled the plug from time to time during download of
updates ...

What happened? .... Errors, unresolvable ... I had to shut down Pharo,
to repeat the update.

I would call that "not transactional ...", "failsafe", "whatever" .......

Please ... you mastersmalltalkers ... this is a minimum standard to be
fullfilled nowadays ...

And i can't close that window "World->System->About" at 1024x768
resolution .... hmmm ....

tnx, Guido Stepken

Re: Standardisation of Interfaces within Pharo/Squeak ...

Mariano Martinez Peck

And i can't close that window "World->System->About" at 1024x768
resolution .... hmmm ....

Yes. Me too. I have to do ctrl + w.

tnx, Guido Stepken

Re: Standardisation of Interfaces within Pharo/Squeak ...

Adrian Lienhard
This is http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=657

Please use the issue tracker to report/discuss problems (in addition
to the mailing list).

Also note that any help is welcome, even if it is only to check if a
proposed fix works.

Cheers,
Adrian

On May 11, 2009, at 20:30 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

>> And i can't close that window "World->System->About" at 1024x768
>> resolution .... hmmm ....
>>

> Yes. Me too. I have to do ctrl + w.
>

>> tnx, Guido Stepken

Re: Standardisation of Interfaces within Pharo/Squeak ...

Damien Cassou
2009/5/11 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
>> And i can't close that window "World->System->About" at 1024x768
>> resolution .... hmmm ....
>
> Yes. Me too. I have to do ctrl + w.

or just ENTER or SPACE

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/5/11 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
>> And i can't close that window "World->System->About" at 1024x768
>> resolution .... hmmm ....
>
> Yes. Me too. I have to do ctrl + w.

or just ENTER or SPACE

Ok. However, Andrian has fix it.