Start 'em young...

Andy Bower
Folks,

No doubt you will all want to wish Blair and his wife Catherine
congratulations on the birth of their new son last Saturday during the
daylight hours. Both mother and baby are doing fine but I'm not sure whether
the father has fully recovered from the ordeal as yet.

Apart from this acclimatization problem, the only other issue I've come
across is that I get the following walkback whenever I try to access the new
instance:

12:21:16, 31 January 2001: 'BlairMcGlashanSon does not understand: #name'
'BlairMcGlashanSon (Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
UndefinedObject>>{unbound}doIt
CompiledExpression>>value:
SmalltalkWorkspace>>evaluateRange:ifFail:debug:
SmalltalkWorkspace>>evaluateItIfFail:debug:
SmalltalkWorkspace>>evaluateItIfFail:
SmalltalkWorkspace>>evaluateIt
Symbol>>forwardTo:
[] in Command>>value
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Command>>value
SmalltalkWorkspaceDocument(Shell)>>performCommand:
CommandQuery>>perform
DelegatingCommandPolicy(CommandPolicy)>>route:
[] in ShellView(View)>>onCommand:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Cursor>>showWhile:
ShellView(View)>>onCommand:
ShellView(View)>>wmCommand:wParam:lParam:
ShellView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
ShellView>>translateAccelerator:
ShellView>>preTranslateKeyboardInput:
ShellView(View)>>preTranslateMessage:
InputState>>preTranslateMessage:
InputState>>pumpMessage:
InputState>>loopWhile:
InputState>>mainLoop
[] in InputState>>forkMain
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[] in BlockClosure>>newProcess

Blair assures me that the problem will be fixed ASAP.

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com

---
Visit the Dolphin Smalltalk WikiWeb
http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Dolphin/FrontPage.htm
---

Re: Start 'em young...

Bill Schwab-2
Andy,

> 12:21:16, 31 January 2001: 'BlairMcGlashanSon does not understand: #name'
> 'BlairMcGlashanSon (Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
> UndefinedObject>>{unbound}doIt

Perhaps Blair will find it easier to start with #basicName and work up from
there.  It might also help to implement a stub method and insert a
breakpoint.  Inspecting the various instance variables, is appears that
'McGlashan' will be an appropriate part of any implementation - the rest is
up to the new parents :)

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Start 'em young...

Ian Bartholomew
Andy,

> No doubt you will all want to wish Blair and his wife Catherine
> congratulations on the birth of their new son last Saturday during the
> daylight hours.

Not sure if you mean for the baby or for arranging the happy event during
daylight hours!. In either case (as both are definite causes for
celebration) congratulations from me to all involved

> Apart from this acclimatization problem, the only other issue I've come
> across is that I get the following walkback whenever I try to access the
> new instance:

Shouldn't it be called a crawlback at this stage (probably applies to Blair
as well if he has been celebrating too hard).

Ian

Re: Start 'em young...

Ted Bracht-2
Blair,

Congratulations, and hope he will follow in his father's footsteps and
become another super Smalltalker (I'm sure he will be Smalltalking within a
year!)

Ted

Re: Start 'em young...

David Royal
Blair

Many congratulations

David

Re: Start 'em young...

Boris Popov-3
"Ted Bracht" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:95b9sr$gdg0c$[hidden email]...
> Blair,
>
> Congratulations, and hope he will follow in his father's footsteps and
> become another super Smalltalker (I'm sure he will be Smalltalking within
> year!)

Congrats, Blair

Now I wonder what exactly "Smalltalk" means... :)

-Boris

Re: Start 'em young...

Louis Sumberg
Blair and Catherine,

Congratulations and best wishes to both of you on the birth of your child.
May your years ahead be filled with much joy!

-- Louis