Starting a new ancestry from an MC package

Starting a new ancestry from an MC package

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Can I save a MC package without its ancestor info?  I made changes to a package, but the new and old packages are not logically related.  I would like the new package to appear as the first in its ancestry.

Thanks.
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Starting a new ancestry from an MC package

Stéphane Ducasse
normally yes.

Stef

On Aug 9, 2010, at 5:44 PM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Can I save a MC package without its ancestor info?  I made changes to a
> package, but the new and old packages are not logically related.  I would
> like the new package to appear as the first in its ancestry.
>
> Thanks.
> Sean

Re: Starting a new ancestry from an MC package

Adrian Lienhard
On Aug 9, 2010, at 18:36 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> normally yes.

Although you didn't ask for how to do this, I'll try to give an answer ;)

In the MC browser select the package in the left pane and in the context menu select "delete working copy". Then create a new package (with the button "+Package") and save it to your repository. The new version should not know about the previous one.

HTH,
Adrian

> Stef
>
> On Aug 9, 2010, at 5:44 PM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
>

>> Can I save a MC package without its ancestor info?  I made changes to a
>> package, but the new and old packages are not logically related.  I would
>> like the new package to appear as the first in its ancestry.
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Sean

Re: Starting a new ancestry from an MC package

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Stéphane Ducasse wrote
normally yes.
Ha, ha.  When I wrote that, I thought, "I wonder if someone is going to respond with 'yes|no'."

Sean
Cheers,
Sean