Startup Metacello Error

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
While loading a project from a class-side #startUp: method, I'm getting a DNU
#ifTrue:ifFalse which seemed to come from somewhere deep inside Metacello
[1]. On the Metacello ML, Dale suggested that the startup mechanism might be
the cause:

> MetacelloSkipDirtyPackageLoad is a subclass of Notification, so if some
> piece of code is catching Notification or above and doing a simple resume,
> then you've found your culprit ... sounds like something startup code
> might do when the system isn't able to handle GUI interaction ... but it's
> a pretty harsh solution ...

This same code was not throwing an error on P6.1. Has something changed re
startup in P7 that could account for this error?

Thanks!

[1] The top of the call chain is:
DoItIn: arg1
        ^ (MetacelloSkipDirtyPackageLoad signal: self)
                ifTrue: [ | tmp2 |
                        tmp2 := Transcript.
                        tmp2
                                cr;
                                show: 'Skipping load of modified package: ' , self file.
                        arg1 home return: self ]
                ifFalse: [ | tmp4 |
                        tmp4 := Transcript.
                        tmp4
                                cr;

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Startup Metacello Error

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
> Has something changed re startup in P7 that could account for this error?

Also, are there any handlers for Notifications in the startup code?

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean