State of 64bits? Errors during configuration loading

State of 64bits? Errors during configuration loading

CyrilFerlicot
Hi,

I would like to know the state of the 64bits builds. At Synectique we
tried to build on of our tools in 64bits on ubuntu slaves but we get a
lot a VM crashes.

We get the image/vm with this command:

wget --quiet -O - get.pharo.org/64/$PHARO+$VM | bash

$PHARO = 61
$VM = vm

Here is the command we launch:

./pharo Pharo.image --no-default-preferences eval --save 'Metacello new
repository:'\''http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/*******/*********/main'\'';
configuration: '\''********'\'';
version: #development;
    load'

And I join an example of log we get when the vm crash.

Is that a known issue?

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

dump.txt (176K) Download Attachment

Re: State of 64bits? Errors during configuration loading

EstebanLM
I am using it everyday without problems… but this is a limited test ;)
if you get crashes, I would like to have those reports to see what can we do.

Esteban

> On 1 Sep 2017, at 17:01, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know the state of the 64bits builds. At Synectique we
> tried to build on of our tools in 64bits on ubuntu slaves but we get a
> lot a VM crashes.
>
> We get the image/vm with this command:
>
> wget --quiet -O - get.pharo.org/64/$PHARO+$VM | bash
>
> $PHARO = 61
> $VM = vm
>
> Here is the command we launch:
>
> ./pharo Pharo.image --no-default-preferences eval --save 'Metacello new
> repository:'\''http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/*******/*********/main'\'';
> configuration: '\''********'\'';
> version: #development;
>    load'
>
> And I join an example of log we get when the vm crash.
>
> Is that a known issue?
>
> --
> Cyril Ferlicot
> https://ferlicot.fr
>
> http://www.synectique.eu
> 2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
> 59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France
> <dump.txt>

Re: State of 64bits? Errors during configuration loading

Tim Mackinnon
I've probably done 100 builds on 64bits - I've had one crash (reported here).

So it's not common, but does happen.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

On ven. 1 sept. 2017 at 20:24, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've probably done 100 builds on 64bits - I've had one crash (reported here).

So it's not common, but does happen.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

We must be unlucky :) 2 builds, 2 vm crashes.

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: State of 64bits? Errors during configuration loading

Ben Coman
On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 2:31 AM, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:

On ven. 1 sept. 2017 at 20:24, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've probably done 100 builds on 64bits - I've had one crash (reported here).

So it's not common, but does happen.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

We must be unlucky :) 2 builds, 2 vm crashes.

Perhaps something different in environments. What version of Ubuntu are you on?
cheers -ben