State of the Seaside repositories

Philippe Marschall
Hello

I wanted to work on Seaside during ESUG unfortunately I don't know
what the state of the Seaside repositories is. To sum up

- What is main development the repository for Grease 1.3?
- What is main development the repository for Seaside 3.2?
- What is main development the repository for Seaside 3.3?

Basically I need to know whether I should commit to SmalltalkHub or
GitHub. And if GitHub to which branch.

In addition I noted that the GitHub and SmalltalkHub repositories are
out of sync. There where several commits and packages that made it to
SmalltalkHub Seaside32 but never ended on GitHub.

If GitHub is the main repository I need to know whether we use
filetree or IceBerg. In addition I need to know how to set them up and
use them. See my mail from June [1].

Right know I can't contribute to Seaside which is quite frustrating.

 [1] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside-dev/2017-June/007098.html

Cheers
Philippe

Re: State of the Seaside repositories

Johan Brichau-2
Hey Philippe,

- What is main development the repository for Grease 1.3?

Github.
See first line of README https://github.com/SeasideSt/Grease

- What is main development the repository for Seaside 3.2?

Seaside 3.2 is on smalltalkhub and github.
I copied all changes to published versions of Seaside 3.2 (see ConfigurationOf) to github. The versions defined in the ConfigurationOf should be identical to those on github (see releases on github).

I would say: no changes to 3.2 should occur anymore.

- What is main development the repository for Seaside 3.3?

Github! develop branch.
But you should check if changes on smalltalkhub are copied to github.
I only did some work in Grease to make the pending pull requests possible but there is more work needed.
And I had issues trying to check out the pull request code due to Iceberg format :( (but that may be me)

In addition I noted that the GitHub and SmalltalkHub repositories are
out of sync. There where several commits and packages that made it to
SmalltalkHub Seaside32 but never ended on GitHub.

That may be the case but there have been conflicting changes on smalltalkhub as well.
So, I guess that’s confusing.

Perhaps we should sync via Slack. However, I have another meeting after lunch…

If GitHub is the main repository I need to know whether we use
filetree or IceBerg. In addition I need to know how to set them up and
use them. See my mail from June [1].

The pull requests of Max use Iceberg but I have been having issues with it, so… I don’t know.
Safest bet would be filetree, but then again Iceberg would be the way forward.

Johan