Stateful traits in Pharo?

jfabry
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is an implementation of stateful traits that works in Pharo. If so, where can I get it, and is it stable ?

--
Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry

Re: Stateful traits in Pharo?

Stéphane Ducasse

On May 19, 2010, at 8:01 PM, Johan Fabry wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if there is an implementation of stateful traits that works in Pharo.

somehow
> If so, where can I get it, and is it stable ?

no

It would be better to hack something different like
        traits can have state
        traits instance var -> class instanace var
        when there is a conflict we change manually or we do an automated prefix _ and __

> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: Stateful traits in Pharo?

jfabry

Sorry Stef, you are being too terse. :-( Please expand a bit for me to be able to understand.

On 19 May 2010, at 14:17, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

>> If so, where can I get it, and is it stable ?
>
> no
>
> It would be better to hack something different like
> traits can have state
> traits instance var -> class instanace var
> when there is a conflict we change manually or we do an automated prefix _ and __

--
Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: Stateful traits in Pharo?

Simon Denier-3
Hi Johan

There have been some discussion on the subject a few months ago - more or less what Stef describes.

I am soon over with all my job application duties, so I would be happy to participate.

On 19 mai 2010, at 22:17, Johan Fabry wrote:

> Sorry Stef, you are being too terse. :-( Please expand a bit for me to be able to understand.
>
> On 19 May 2010, at 14:17, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>>> If so, where can I get it, and is it stable ?
>>
>> no
>>
>> It would be better to hack something different like
>> traits can have state
>> traits instance var -> class instanace var
>> when there is a conflict we change manually or we do an automated prefix _ and __
>
> --
> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

 Simon

Re: Stateful traits in Pharo?

Mariano Martinez Peck
http://forum.world.st/Stateful-Traits-Literature-td1691247.html#a1691298

http://forum.world.st/Quasi-stateful-traits-td1571120.html#a1571120

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Johan

There have been some discussion on the subject a few months ago - more or less what Stef describes.

I am soon over with all my job application duties, so I would be happy to participate.

On 19 mai 2010, at 22:17, Johan Fabry wrote:

> Sorry Stef, you are being too terse. :-( Please expand a bit for me to be able to understand.
>
> On 19 May 2010, at 14:17, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>>> If so, where can I get it, and is it stable ?
>>
>> no
>>
>> It would be better to hack something different like
>>      traits can have state
>>      traits instance var -> class instanace var
>>      when there is a conflict we change manually or we do an automated prefix _ and __
>
> --
> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

 Simon

Re: Stateful traits in Pharo?

jfabry

Great, thanks for the links!

On 20 May 2010, at 07:08, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

http://forum.world.st/Stateful-Traits-Literature-td1691247.html#a1691298

http://forum.world.st/Quasi-stateful-traits-td1571120.html#a1571120

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Johan

There have been some discussion on the subject a few months ago - more or less what Stef describes.

I am soon over with all my job application duties, so I would be happy to participate.

On 19 mai 2010, at 22:17, Johan Fabry wrote:

> Sorry Stef, you are being too terse. :-( Please expand a bit for me to be able to understand.
>
> On 19 May 2010, at 14:17, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>>> If so, where can I get it, and is it stable ?
>>
>> no
>>
>> It would be better to hack something different like
>>      traits can have state
>>      traits instance var -> class instanace var
>>      when there is a conflict we change manually or we do an automated prefix _ and __
>
> --
> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

 Simon

Johan Fabry
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: Stateful traits in Pharo?

Alexandre Bergel-4
>> I was wondering if there is an implementation of stateful traits that works in Pharo.
>
> somehow

http://www.squeaksource.com/StatefulTraits.html

I haven't checked the code for a while however.

>> If so, where can I get it, and is it stable ?
>
> no
>
> It would be better to hack something different like
> traits can have state
> traits instance var -> class instanace var

What I did does exactly that.

Cheers,
Alexandre