Static link to latest Coq vms

fniephaus

Hi Eliot,

I am looking for a way to obtain always the latest Cog vms (Spur & non-Spur, Linux/Mac).
I don't really want to parse the version list at [1] and then programmatically
determine and download the latest vms.
Can you think of a better way how to do this? Would it be possible to
provide a resource like:

which always contains the latest build?

Best,
Fabio

Re: Static link to latest Coq vms

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Fabio,

    yes, I'll set this up when next I build VMs, which will be within the next two weeks.  I think I'll use something like

http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/bleedingedge/ and /recommended/

Any suggestions for better names?

_,,,^..^,,,_ (phone)

On Dec 26, 2015, at 11:34 AM, Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Eliot,

I am looking for a way to obtain always the latest Cog vms (Spur & non-Spur, Linux/Mac).
I don't really want to parse the version list at [1] and then programmatically
determine and download the latest vms.
Can you think of a better way how to do this? Would it be possible to
provide a resource like:

which always contains the latest build?

Best,
Fabio

Re: Static link to latest Coq vms

David T. Lewis

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 06:28:50PM +0000, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> Hi Fabio,
>
>     yes, I'll set this up when next I build VMs, which will be within the next two weeks.  I think I'll use something like
>
> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/bleedingedge/ and /recommended/
>
> Any suggestions for better names?

I'd go with /bleedingedge/ and /stable/ (rather than "recommended"). Most
people will understand "stable" to mean the recommended download for general
use, and suitable for everyone who does not want or need to be bleeding edge.

Dave

> _,,,^..^,,,_ (phone)
>
> > On Dec 26, 2015, at 11:34 AM, Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Eliot,
> >
> > I am looking for a way to obtain always the latest Cog vms (Spur & non-Spur, Linux/Mac).
> > I don't really want to parse the version list at [1] and then programmatically
> > determine and download the latest vms.
> > Can you think of a better way how to do this? Would it be possible to
> > provide a resource like:
> >
> > http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/latest/
> >
> > which always contains the latest build?
> >
> > Best,
> > Fabio
> >
> > [1] http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/

Re: Static link to latest Coq vms

Chris Muller-3

ftp.squeak.org uses a "alpha" nomenclature which I think is nice.

Re: Static link to latest Coq vms

fniephaus

+1 for "stable" and "alpha".

Could you also make sure the files are named consistently? E.g. "coglinux-stable.tgz".

So the following would always give me a stable Cog vm for OS X:
http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/stable/Cog.app-stable.tgz

Thanks Eliot!

Best,
Fabio

On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 at 21:02, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 12:50 PM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 06:28:50PM +0000, Eliot Miranda wrote:
>>
>> Hi Fabio,
>>
>>     yes, I'll set this up when next I build VMs, which will be within the next two weeks.  I think I'll use something like
>>
>> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/bleedingedge/ and /recommended/
>>
>> Any suggestions for better names?

ftp.squeak.org uses a "alpha" nomenclature which I think is nice.

Re: Static link to latest Coq vms

Robert Withers

On 12/27/2015 04:07 PM, Fabio Niephaus wrote:

+1 for "stable" and "alpha".

+1.

Could you also ensure the crypto plugins are included?

Thanks!
robert

--
Robert