Status of Flotr

Usman Bhatti
Hello,

I've been using Flotr charts (http://www.squeaksource.com/flotr) in Seaside for a personal project in web data mining. I tried to port my project to Pharo 2.0, gotten my image from the jenkins (tx for the jenkins, it was very helpful to obtain the image).

Now, when loading the package into Pharo 2.0 image, I got DNU:
FRChartExamples class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #registerAsApplication:

I still works in my pharo 1.3 image.

My questions:

- Is Squeaksource repo the default for Flotr or am I using an old repo: http://www.squeaksource.com/flotr??

- Is there any other chart library in Seaside that is more "active"?

I found that the DNU problem can be solved by replacing
#registerAsApplication: ===>
WAAdmin register: self asApplicationAt: component-web-path...

So I'll change it but I do not want to commit to SS because it is preparing to disappear, so I might create a fork at SThub.

regards,

Usman BhattiĀ

Re: Status of Flotr

Paul DeBruicker
On 09/22/2013 06:30 AM, Usman Bhatti wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been using Flotr charts (http://www.squeaksource.com/flotr) in
> Seaside for a personal project in web data mining. I tried to port my
> project to Pharo 2.0, gotten my image from the jenkins (tx for the
> jenkins, it was very helpful to obtain the image).
>
> Now, when loading the package into Pharo 2.0 image, I got DNU:
> FRChartExamples class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #registerAsApplication:
>
> I still works in my pharo 1.3 image.

This is a change between versions of Seaside and not Pharo.

> My questions:
>
> - Is Squeaksource repo the default for Flotr or am I using an old repo:
> http://www.squeaksource.com/flotr??

Yes

> - Is there any other chart library in Seaside that is more "active"?

No idea.

> I found that the DNU problem can be solved by replacing
> #registerAsApplication: ===>
> WAAdmin register: self asApplicationAt: component-web-path...
>
> So I'll change it but I do not want to commit to SS because it is
> preparing to disappear, so I might create a fork at SThub.

Commit it to SS as people in the Squeak community are making plans to
'save' squeaksource and run it on their on servers indefinitely.

> regards,
>
> Usman Bhatti

Re: Status of Flotr

JupiterJones
Hi Usman,

- Is there any other chart library in Seaside that is more "active"?

I don't know about more active, and not specifically charting, however, InfoVis (http://philogb.github.io/jit/) has done me proud in the past.

MCHttpRepository
location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/InfoVis'
user: ''
password: ''

Once you load the configuration, check the InfoVis-Examples package as there is an update that fixes a couple of issues.

Cheers,

Jupiter