Status of JavaScript in newest MS products?

Status of JavaScript in newest MS products?

Bill Schwab-2
Hello all,

Have any of you had a problem with JavaScript not being supported by the
latest IE?  I have a system that currently uses VBScript, and really needs
to be updated.  Since I'm going to that trouble, I thought I might change
the scripting langauge at the same time.  Comments/cautions cheerfully
accepted.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Status of JavaScript in newest MS products?

Paul Hudson
"Bill Schwab" <[hidden email]> wrote in
news:b1639t$v802u$[hidden email]:

> Have any of you had a problem with JavaScript not being
> supported by the latest IE?  I have a system that currently
> uses VBScript, and really needs to be updated.  Since I'm
> going to that trouble, I thought I might change the
> scripting langauge at the same time.  Comments/cautions
> cheerfully accepted.

I'd be truely amazed if that support was dropped (although it will be called JScript, I'm sure :-
)

Microsoft ASP.NET tutorials seem to always have JScript (and C# and VB and recently J#)
examples, so I think it's "main stream" as far as MS is concerned.

Re: Status of JavaScript in newest MS products?

Jeffrey Odell-2
The entire ASP.NET framework generates JavaScript to implement all the
client side behavior.  I don't think it is going anywhere -

jlo

"Bill Schwab" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:b1639t$v802u$[hidden email]...

> Hello all,
>
> Have any of you had a problem with JavaScript not being supported by the
> latest IE?  I have a system that currently uses VBScript, and really needs
> to be updated.  Since I'm going to that trouble, I thought I might change
> the scripting langauge at the same time.  Comments/cautions cheerfully
> accepted.
>
> Have a good one,
>
> Bill
>
> --
> Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Status of JavaScript in newest MS products?

Costas
The only downside is that vbscript's msgbox() function is much more
flexible than javascripts confirm(). But you can mix both languages in
your pages anyway.

Other than that javascript runs circles around vbscript.

costas