Status of SmallPOS

Stephan Eggermont-3
I noticed the SmallPOS on ss3 is under MIT license. AFAIK, it was GPLv3.
When did this relicensing happen?

Stephan

Re: Status of SmallPOS

Yuriy Mironenko
Sorry for answering the "deadly long forgotten" post, but, anyway: it happens at the moment of migration to ss3, I believe. I don't really remember actual "relicensing" process, I think it was just...welll...selecting from the drop-down list, and this time I selected another option.

If you or somebody else will ever need SmallPOS under any other open license, I will be glad to deliver it under this license.

Re: Status of SmallPOS

stepharo
Hi yuriy

I know that lionel Akue is interested in library to support little business.
So if you open-source your code under MIT it is the best for everybody.

Stef

Le 30/7/16 à 19:16, Yuriy Mironenko a écrit :

> Sorry for answering the "deadly long forgotten" post, but, anyway: it happens
> at the moment of migration to ss3, I believe. I don't really remember actual
> "relicensing" process, I think it was just...welll...selecting from the
> drop-down list, and this time I selected another option.
>
> If you or somebody else will ever need SmallPOS under any other open
> license, I will be glad to deliver it under this license.

Re: Status of SmallPOS

Yuriy Mironenko
I just checked: SmallPOS was relicensed under MIT in the middle of year 2012.
So it is under MIT license now.

Re: Status of SmallPOS

stepharo
Excellent!

I will have a look to get an idea :)

Le 7/8/16 à 12:39, Yuriy Mironenko a écrit :

> I just checked: SmallPOS was relicensed under MIT in the middle of year 2012.
> So it *is* under MIT license now.

Re: Status of SmallPOS

stepharo
There is no configuration and I tried to load the latest version and it
looks like it depends on magritte.

How do you load it?

Stef

Le 30/7/16 à 19:16, Yuriy Mironenko a écrit :

> Sorry for answering the "deadly long forgotten" post, but, anyway: it happens
> at the moment of migration to ss3, I believe. I don't really remember actual
> "relicensing" process, I think it was just...welll...selecting from the
> drop-down list, and this time I selected another option.
>
> If you or somebody else will ever need SmallPOS under any other open
> license, I will be glad to deliver it under this license.

Re: Status of SmallPOS

Yuriy Mironenko
Well, general procedure is loading magritte, then loading seaside 2.8, then loading SmallPOS...I made some packaging efforts, see https://code.google.com/archive/p/smalltalkpos/wikis/FullyAutomatedGoferScriptForSmallPOSInstallation.wiki

But, well, at the moment simplest possibility is sending you pre-configured image. I may make one for you, if you want.

Another trouble is: SmallPOS is not the management software, it's a framework for making management software. I.e., if only smallpos loaded, then you can't look at how it works.

If you want, I may tinker a small SmallPOS-based example, it's easy and usefull anyway, so do not hesitate to ask :) Something like "Firms and persons", or "books, authors and bookholders" or "teachers, students and courses" - feel free to propose one.

There ARE some real-life examples at the same repo, but trouble is they are tinkered for russian market, so all the labels in russian :)

Greetings,
Yuriy Mironenko

[...]

ok
I do not have the time now to write configuration (working on boring report).

But, well, at the moment simplest possibility is sending you pre-configured image. I may make one for you, if you want.

Another trouble is: SmallPOS is not the management software, it's a framework for making management software. I.e., if only smallpos loaded, then you can't look at how it works.

If you want, I may tinker a small SmallPOS-based example, it's easy and usefull anyway, so do not hesitate to ask :) Something like "Firms and persons", or "books, authors and bookholders" or "teachers, students and courses" - feel free to propose one.
It would be nice.
I want to see if I can say to lionel to have a look :)

[...]

You shouldn't probably make the configuration even if you have time.
Reason is: SmallPOS is dependent on outdated version of both Seaside and GLORP. No reason to make configuration before I'll adopt the contemporary ones. Really it's the reason I didn't made it myself.

It would be nice.
I want to see if I can say to lionel to have a look :)

Ok, I'll do it.
You should have PostgreSQL installed on your system, BTW.

P.S. There are couple of screenshots of SmallPOS-based management system, They are in russian, but you can understand basic idea.

[...]

EntryFormCustom.png (247K) Download Attachment
EntryFormGenerated2.png (230K) Download Attachment
LinearList.png (314K) Download Attachment