Status of continuous integration testing // release numbers to refer to?

Status of continuous integration testing // release numbers to refer to?

Hannes Hirzel
On 7/7/15, Phil (list) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The documentation of course is related to the issue of having release
> version numbers you can refer to.

Ah, now I understand why you're asking for version #'s/tags/something.
..

>> Ideally we have release notes from time to time which list the changes
>> and test reports which packages work with which release.
>>

> The reporting part sounds like Continuous Integration testing to me...

Hello Juan

You recently had a note to the ML that you are doing integration
testing before each of your releases which are announced on the
mailing list with an 'update' mail.

I understand that you are loading all packages in

https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/tree/master/Packages

and run the tests there in addition to the tests built into Cuis core.

Is this so?

Do you produce a log file of the results which might be archived as
well in the repository?

Kind regards

Hannes

Re: Status of continuous integration testing // release numbers to refer to?

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Hannes,

On 7/7/2015 8:22 AM, H. Hirzel wrote:
> Hello Juan
>
> You recently had a note to the ML that you are doing integration
> testing before each of your releases which are announced on the
> mailing list with an 'update' mail.

Yes, I do that before pushing to github, almost every time.

> I understand that you are loading all packages in
>
> https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/tree/master/Packages
>
> and run the tests there in addition to the tests built into Cuis core.
>
> Is this so?

Yes.

> Do you produce a log file of the results which might be archived as
> well in the repository?

Well, recently I did SUnit XML reports.pck.st, so it is not a big deal
to do it. I'll try to remember. Please nag me if I forget about it.

> Kind regards
>
> Hannes

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich