Stef's name in LaTeX

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Stef,

It's only fair to immortalize you in a final report on a grant.  As near as I can tell, it should be:

    Dr.\ St\'{e}phane Ducasse

Let me know if that's not right.

Bill

Re: Stef's name in LaTeX

Andres Valloud-4
Hmmm... just off the top of my head, I think that would be

Dr.~St\'ephane Ducasse

The ~ is there to tell LaTeX that yes, there's a period, but it's not an
"end of sentence" period, so don't treat the separation between the
period and the S as a flexible space.

Andres.

Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Stef,
>
> It's only fair to immortalize you in a final report on a grant.  As near as I can tell, it should be:
>
>     Dr.\ St\'{e}phane Ducasse
>
> Let me know if that's not right.
>
> Bill

Re: Stef's name in LaTeX

Schwab,Wilhelm K

The braces around the $e do not seem to hurt anything, but you are probably correct that they can be omitted.  Thanks for the ~.  Otherwise, I'm trying to get the title, emphasis and capitalization correct.

Bill

Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Stef,
>
> It's only fair to immortalize you in a final report on a grant.  As near as I can tell, it should be:
>
>     Dr.\ St\'{e}phane Ducasse
>
> Let me know if that's not right.
>
> Bill

Re: Stef's name in LaTeX