Store Oracle connection problem in Windows 7 64bit

Store Oracle connection problem in Windows 7 64bit

Shiro Ogawa
Sorry the last mail went out before it is completed.

I have been using Store-Oracle with vw7.6nc in Windows XP without any problems, but the same combination does not work in Windows 7 64bit. It gets the following message:
"Unable to connect ORA-06413: Connection not open"

Oracle is Oracle Express Edition 10g (10.2.0.1.0)

vw7.7nc works fine in Windows 7 64bit.

Running vw7.7nc VM with vw7.6nc image, works after executing "Store.DbRegistry update74"

I don't have 32bit Windows 7, so it is not clear the problem is due to Windows 7 or 64bit.

What is the concequences of running 7.7VM for 7.6 images?

Thanks

Shiro Ogawa

Re: Store Oracle connection problem in Windows 7 64bit

Alan Knight-2
A 7.7 VM should work fine for 7.6 images. I'm surprised that there would be an issue with a 7.6VM, though, I don't think we're aware of any issues there. But if a 7.7VM works for you, then I guess that's fine.

At 02:01 PM 2010-08-20, Shiro Ogawa wrote:
Sorry the last mail went out before it is completed.

I have been using Store-Oracle with vw7.6nc in Windows XP without any problems, but the same combination does not work in Windows 7 64bit. It gets the following message:
"Unable to connect ORA-06413: Connection not open"

Oracle is Oracle Express Edition 10g (10.2.0.1.0)

vw7.7nc works fine in Windows 7 64bit.

Running vw7.7nc VM with vw7.6nc image, works after executing "Store.DbRegistry update74"

I don't have 32bit Windows 7, so it is not clear the problem is due to Windows 7 or 64bit.

What is the concequences of running 7.7VM for 7.6 images?

Thanks

Shiro Ogawa

Alan Knight [|], Engineering Manager, Cincom Smalltalk