Store Question - follow up

Michael Gross-4

Nevermind …….  I got what I wanted!

This should be an easy one …..

I am trying to load a bundle I published into a new image.

When it loads into the new image, Store is executing some class methods called initialize.

Is there a way to tell Store not to run those class methods?

Thanks in Advance!

Re: Store Question - follow up

Tom Robinson-4
Michael,

#initialize methods on the instance side of objects are usually called at instance creation time, via the semi-standard version of new:

    new

        ^super new initialize

Class side #initialize methods are a way to initialize class variables or do other things that set up the environment for instances to be created in. Today, Cincom Smalltalk has other methods to do those things, like SharedVariable initializers, and Parcel and Store Package postLoad (and preUnload) blocks.

Class #initialize methods are the historical way to do these things though, and they are treated similarly in most Smalltalk dialects. The way Store treats class #initialize methods should be almost identical to the way other Smalltalk dialects do, when loading code.

If you already knew all of this, I apologize.

Regards,

Tom Robinson