Store Question

Michael Gross-4

This should be an easy one …..

I am trying to load a bundle I published into a new image.

When it loads into the new image, Store is executing some class methods called initialize.

Is there a way to tell Store not to run those class methods?

Thanks in Advance!

Re: Store Question

Steven Kelly

Michael Gross wrote Monday, June 9, 2014 3:34 PM:

I am trying to load a bundle I published into a new image.

When it loads into the new image, Store is executing some class methods called initialize.

Is there a way to tell Store not to run those class methods?

initialize is sent to the class by #postLoad: in ClassDescription. You can override #postLoad: on the class side of your class to stop it. We wanted a global mechanism for this, since our code base came from Envy which has its own #loaded mechanism, so we overrode it in ClassDescription to do nothing if the package in question was originally from Envy (we checked for definedClasses containing a [Sub]Application).

Did you find a better or more official way? Ours dates back to 5i.3 and works fine, so we haven’t revisited it.

All the best,

Steve