classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Strange Pharo 3.0 behaviour

Nevena Milojkovic
Hi all,

I am experiencing some strange Pharo 3.0 behaviour. Nautilus doesn’t allow me to change the source code in a regular way. For example, the only way I can delete the parts of source code is if I select them and then press space. Backspace, as well as tab, are not working. It seems like whenever I press backspace or tab it tries to save the changes in the source code, like I had pressed Command+S, and it move the cursor at the beginning of the method. Sometimes it just stops after a few tries to do something, and continues normally, sometimes not. It happens also with the fresh Pharo 3.0 image.
Anybody experienced this? Anybody has a solution?

Thanks a lot,
Nevena Milojkovic

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Strange Pharo 3.0 behaviour

HilaireFernandes
Le 18/03/2015 11:29, Nevena Milojkovic a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I am experiencing some strange Pharo 3.0 behaviour. Nautilus doesn’t allow me to change the source code in a regular way. For example, the only way I can delete the parts of source code is if I select them and then press space. Backspace, as well as tab, are not working. It seems like whenever I press backspace or tab it tries to save the changes in the source code, like I had pressed Command+S, and it move the cursor at the beginning of the method. Sometimes it just stops after a few tries to do something, and continues normally, sometimes not. It happens also with the fresh Pharo 3.0 image.
> Anybody experienced this? Anybody has a solution?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Nevena Milojkovic
>
>

I can't reproduce your problem on LinuxMint.
I thought you may have CapsLock enabled, but even with it enabled, I can
delete part of selected source code with Tabs or Backscpace.

May be try another VM,

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu

Reply | Threaded
|

Max Leske
In reply to this post by Nevena Milojkovic
You might be experiencing an OSX glitch which has been annoying me for quite a while now. Switching between applications / desktops somehow makes the image believe that the option key has been pressed and so many key presses don’t work as you’re used to.

Solution: hit option once and you should be good (works for me every time).

Cheers,
Max

> On 18 Mar 2015, at 11:29, Nevena Milojkovic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am experiencing some strange Pharo 3.0 behaviour. Nautilus doesn’t allow me to change the source code in a regular way. For example, the only way I can delete the parts of source code is if I select them and then press space. Backspace, as well as tab, are not working. It seems like whenever I press backspace or tab it tries to save the changes in the source code, like I had pressed Command+S, and it move the cursor at the beginning of the method. Sometimes it just stops after a few tries to do something, and continues normally, sometimes not. It happens also with the fresh Pharo 3.0 image.
> Anybody experienced this? Anybody has a solution?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Nevena Milojkovic
>
>
>
>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Nevena Milojkovic
It’s working!
Thanks a lot!

Nevena

> On 18 Mar 2015, at 13:17, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> You might be experiencing an OSX glitch which has been annoying me for quite a while now. Switching between applications / desktops somehow makes the image believe that the option key has been pressed and so many key presses don’t work as you’re used to.
>
> Solution: hit option once and you should be good (works for me every time).
>
> Cheers,
> Max
>
>
>> On 18 Mar 2015, at 11:29, Nevena Milojkovic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am experiencing some strange Pharo 3.0 behaviour. Nautilus doesn’t allow me to change the source code in a regular way. For example, the only way I can delete the parts of source code is if I select them and then press space. Backspace, as well as tab, are not working. It seems like whenever I press backspace or tab it tries to save the changes in the source code, like I had pressed Command+S, and it move the cursor at the beginning of the method. Sometimes it just stops after a few tries to do something, and continues normally, sometimes not. It happens also with the fresh Pharo 3.0 image.
>> Anybody experienced this? Anybody has a solution?
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>> Nevena Milojkovic
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>