Strange behavior with Cairo

Mathieu Suen-2
Hi All,

There is a strange behavior with Cairo. I don't know if that is normal
but at some point if I load the Cairo package the C address of "Cairo class
>>#clip:" point to 0

and when I load the GTK package it point to the real address.
See the following output:

st> PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'Cairo'
st> ((Cairo.Cairo class >> #clip:) literalAt: 1) link address
0
st> PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'GTK'
st> ((Cairo.Cairo class >> #clip:) literalAt:1) link address
5123226352

I dont't know if that is an issue.
Thanks

--Mathieu

Re : [Help-smalltalk] Strange behavior with Cairo

Mathieu Suen-2
I forgot to tell I am on OSX 10.6

> Hi All,
>
> There is a strange behavior with Cairo. I don't know if that is  normal
> but at some point if I load the Cairo package the C address of "Cairo  class
> >>#clip:" point to 0
>
> and when I load the GTK package it  point to the real address.
> See the following output:
>
> st>  PackageLoader fileInPackage: 'Cairo'
> st> ((Cairo.Cairo class  >> #clip:) literalAt: 1) link address
> 0
> st> PackageLoader  fileInPackage: 'GTK'
> st> ((Cairo.Cairo class >> #clip:)  literalAt:1) link address
> 5123226352
>
> I dont't know if that is an  issue.
> Thanks
>
> --Mathieu

Re: Re : [Help-smalltalk] Strange behavior with Cairo

Paolo Bonzini-2
The Cairo library is probably not found, but it is linked indirectly
via the GTK library.  Maybe it's called libCairo and not libcairo on
your system, or something like that?

Paolo

Re : Re : [Help-smalltalk] Strange behavior with Cairo

Mathieu Suen-2
Right, I will check that as soon as I am back home, especially since I have a
cas sensitive HFS+ HDD.

> De : Paolo Bonzini <[hidden email]>
> The Cairo library is probably not found, but it is linked indirectly
> via the  GTK library.  Maybe it's called libCairo and not libcairo on
> your  system, or something like that?
>
> Paolo

Math