Strange behaviour with traits

HilaireFernandes
Hi,

I have noted somehow that some of my traits get altered by the Pharo
(Nautilus, source code import, Trait system?):

I have traits of trait, and some got inherited methods turned as trait
methods (duplicated from the parent trait).

Any one seen strange unreliable behaviour with traits?

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Strange behaviour with traits

stepharo
Really few people used them deeply like that. So you may have found a bug.

Le 23/4/16 17:08, Hilaire a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have noted somehow that some of my traits get altered by the Pharo
> (Nautilus, source code import, Trait system?):
>
> I have traits of trait, and some got inherited methods turned as trait
> methods (duplicated from the parent trait).
>
> Any one seen strange unreliable behaviour with traits?
>
> Hilaire

Re: Strange behaviour with traits

HilaireFernandes
I am tempted to think the problem show up when migrating from 3.0 to
4.0. So it could be related to Monticello.
I will have the opportunity to come back to this problem later, it
should be easy to identify the cause.
It was really painful to manually remove the duplicated trait methods.

Hilaire

Le 24/04/2016 09:38, stepharo a écrit :
> Really few people used them deeply like that. So you may have found a bug.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Strange behaviour with traits

Nicolai Hess-3-2

I am tempted to think the problem show up when migrating from 3.0 to
4.0. So it could be related to Monticello.
I will have the opportunity to come back to this problem later, it
should be easy to identify the cause.
It was really painful to manually remove the duplicated trait methods.

Hi Hilaire,

I guess this is something in DrGeo, can you point me to the class / triat or package that includes this
traits chain. I 'll try to reproduce this.

Hilaire

Le 24/04/2016 09:38, stepharo a écrit :
> Really few people used them deeply like that. So you may have found a bug.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Strange behaviour with traits

HilaireFernandes
Hi Nicolai,

It is not in DrGeo.
There is no use of Trait in Dr. Geo so far, although it is possible to
imagine good use of it.

Hilaire