Strange drag behavior (Was Re: [ANN 1.0] RC3! #10515 pre-built core image)

Strange drag behavior (Was Re: [ANN 1.0] RC3! #10515 pre-built core image)

Igor Stasenko
Guys,
i noticed that when i left-clicking on a window title to start dragging it,
i need to move mouse at least on 5-10 pixel into any direction before
window start moving.
If i keep moving in a small radius , around the point where i first
clicked on it,
it won't move. So, i could even circle endlessly with mouse without
any effect :)

On 15 March 2010 11:49, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is PharoCore RC3 and we need your help!
>
> The plan is the following:
> 1. Please test PharoCore RC3 (see link below) and let us know if you find any problems
> 2. If all is fine Mariano builds a new Pharo RC3 image in a few days
> 3. Then please test the Pharo RC3 image and its additional tools and report any problems
> 4. If all is fine we declare RC3 as the final 1.0 release
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian
>
> On Mar 15, 2010, at 10:37 , Marcus Denker wrote:
>

>>       https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/26668/PharoCore-1.0-10515rc3.zip
>>

>> This should be tested a lot...
>>
>> --
>> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
>> INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Strange drag behavior (Was Re: [ANN 1.0] RC3! #10515 pre-built core image)

Marcus Denker-4

On Mar 15, 2010, at 10:56 AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> Guys,
> i noticed that when i left-clicking on a window title to start dragging it,
> i need to move mouse at least on 5-10 pixel into any direction before
> window start moving.
> If i keep moving in a small radius , around the point where i first
> clicked on it,
> it won't move. So, i could even circle endlessly with mouse without
> any effect :)

Yes, this has been improved in 1.1... and even there it's not perfect yet.
Non-showstopper for 1.0 :-)

        Marcus

> On 15 March 2010 11:49, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This is PharoCore RC3 and we need your help!
>>
>> The plan is the following:
>> 1. Please test PharoCore RC3 (see link below) and let us know if you find any problems
>> 2. If all is fine Mariano builds a new Pharo RC3 image in a few days
>> 3. Then please test the Pharo RC3 image and its additional tools and report any problems
>> 4. If all is fine we declare RC3 as the final 1.0 release
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Adrian
>>
>> On Mar 15, 2010, at 10:37 , Marcus Denker wrote:
>>

>>>       https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/26668/PharoCore-1.0-10515rc3.zip
>>>

>>> This should be tested a lot...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
>>> INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: Strange drag behavior (Was Re: [ANN 1.0] RC3! #10515 pre-built core image)

Adrian Lienhard
I think it has been always like this, no? IIRC there is somewhere a constant that defines the distance after which the dragging starts. This is a strange behavior.

Adrian