Strange error when using RBCodeHighlighting

Strange error when using RBCodeHighlighting

Cesar Rabak
I traced down an error which manifests when I run my code with the
Parcel RBCodeHighlighting loaded.

On an image w/this parcel, a otherwise full functioning canvas instead
of opening gives the stack trace I put the head of it below.

I could not figure out what kind of interaction could it be, although I
saw this parcel depends on ExtraEmphases...

Does anybody have a clue (other than giving up on using RBCodeHighlighting)?

TIA

--
Cesar Rabak
GNU/Linux User 52247.

Head of Stack trace:

Unhandled exception: Message not understood: #value
ByteString(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
InputFieldView>>getContents
InputFieldView(ComposedTextView)>>model:
WinXPLookPolicy(UILookPolicy)>>inputBox:into:
InputFieldSpec>>dispatchTo:with:
InputFieldSpec(UISpecification)>>addTo:withPolicy:
UIBuilder>>addSpec:
UIBuilder>>add:
WinXPLookPolicy(UILookPolicy)>>specCollection:into:
SpecCollection>>dispatchTo:with:
SpecCollection>>addTo:withPolicy:
UIBuilder>>addSpec:
UIBuilder>>add:
CormasNS.Models.Agualoca.InterfaceFarmersAdvice(ApplicationModel)>>buildInSubCanvas:withBuilder:
WinXPLookPolicy(UILookPolicy)>>subcanvas:into:
SubCanvasSpec>>dispatchTo:with:
SubCanvasSpec(UISpecification)>>addTo:withPolicy:
UIBuilder>>addSpec:
UIBuilder>>add:
WinXPLookPolicy(UILookPolicy)>>specCollection:into:
SpecCollection>>dispatchTo:with:
SpecCollection>>addTo:withPolicy:
UIBuilder>>addSpec:
UIBuilder>>add:
CormasNS.Models.Agualoca.TelaFarmersRepresentant(SimpleDialog)>>allButOpenFrom:
CormasNS.Models.Agualoca.TelaFarmersRepresentant(SimpleDialog)>>openFrom:
CormasNS.Models.Agualoca.TelaFarmersRepresentant(SimpleDialog)>>openFor:interface:
CormasNS.Models.Agualoca.TelaFarmersRepresentant(SimpleDialog)>>openInterface:
CormasNS.Models.Agualoca.GameInterface>>apertaFarmersRepresentant
optimized [] in ApplicationModel>>actionFor:
optimized [] in ActionButtonSpec>>typeConvert:
PluggableAdaptor>>setValue:
PluggableAdaptor(ValueModel)>>value:
WinXPTriggerButtonController(TriggerButtonController)>>pressAction
TriggerButtonTracker(BasicButtonTracker)>>finishSelectionFor:
TriggerButtonTracker>>finishSelectionFor:
TriggerButtonTracker(SelectionTracker)>>redButtonReleasedEvent:
RedButtonReleasedEvent>>dispatchTo:
TriggerButtonTracker(SelectionTracker)>>handleEvent:
EventDispatcher>>dispatch:to:
EventDispatcher>>dispatchEvent:
RedButtonReleasedEvent(Event)>>dispatch
RedButtonReleasedEvent(Event)>>dispatchForWindowManager:
optimized [] in WindowManager>>safelyDispatchForWindowManager:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
WindowManager>>safelyDispatchForWindowManager:
WindowManager>>processNextEvent
optimized [] in ApplicationDialogController>>eventLoop
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ApplicationDialogController>>eventLoop
ApplicationDialogController(ApplicationStandardSystemController)>>controlLoop
ApplicationDialogController(Controller)>>startUp
optimized [] in StandardSystemController>>startUp
BlockClosure>>on:do:
BlockClosure>>on:from:do:
ApplicationDialogController(StandardSystemController)>>startUp
optimized [] in [] in
ApplicationDialogController>>openTransientViewsTopWindowIn:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
optimized [] in ApplicationDialogController>>openTransientViewsTopWindowIn:
Cursor>>showWhile:
ApplicationDialogController>>openTransientViewsTopWindowIn:
ApplicationWindow(ScheduledWindow)>>openTransientIn:type:postOpen:
ApplicationWindow(ScheduledWindow)>>openTransientIn:type:
UIBuilder>>openPopUpIn:type:
UIBuilder>>openDialog
CormasNS.Models.Agualoca.GameInterface(SimpleDialog)>>openFrom:
CormasNS.Models.Agualoca.GameInterface(SimpleDialog)>>openFor:interface:
CormasNS.Models.Agualoca.GameInterface(SimpleDialog)>>openInterface:
CormasNS.Models.Agualoca.Agualoca>>openGameInterface
CormasNS.Models.Agualoca.Agualoca>>getActions:
CormasNS.Models.Agualoca.Agualoca>>step:
CormasNS.Models.Agualoca.Agualoca(CormasNS.Kernel.CormasModel)>>runStep:
CormasNS.Kernel.Cormas>>runStepByStepThreaded
CormasNS.Kernel.SimulationsManager>>runStepByStep
CormasNS.Kernel.SimulationsManager>>run
CormasNS.Kernel.SimulationsManager>>runNSimulations
optimized [] in CormasNS.Kernel.Cormas>>run
BlockClosure>>on:do:
optimized [] in Process class>>forBlock:priority:

AW: Strange error when using RBCodeHighlighting

Georg Heeg
Cesar,

I do not know which version of RBCodehighlighting and of VisualWorks you are
using. (The most current version of RBCodeHighlighting is in the public
repository.)

From the trace you show, there is no method visible which has been changed
by RBCodeHighling or its prerequisite. What is visible that you Dialog
TelaFarmersRepresentant has an input field which has a string as its model
instead of an instance of a ValueModel subclass (e.g. ValueHolder with a
String as contents.

I propose to debug the situation and look for the initialization of the
input field.

Georg

Re: Strange error when using RBCodeHighlighting

Travis Griggs
On Jun 19, 2006, at 11:54, Cesar Rabak wrote:

> I traced down an error which manifests when I run my code with the
> Parcel RBCodeHighlighting loaded.
>
> On an image w/this parcel, a otherwise full functioning canvas
> instead of opening gives the stack trace I put the head of it below.
>
> I could not figure out what kind of interaction could it be,
> although I saw this parcel depends on ExtraEmphases...

I'd suggest unloading RBCodeHighlighting, but loading ExtraEmphases
and see if it's ExtraEmphases that's causing the problem.

Are you doing anything interesting with the formatting of the text in
that input field?

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist

DISCLAIMER: This email is bound by the terms and conditions
described at
http://www.key.net/disclaimer.htm