Strange menu behavior

Janos Kazsoki
Hi,

I have just added the Default view to my shell presenter.

The created menu like
&File
  E&xit

When I do Mypresenter show, no underscores appear under F and x, so I
see File, Exit

Strange enough is, if I push Alt, then the File menu is activated, and
in that moment I see all the underscores, and simply the F, x work
(without holding Alt key)..

Perhaps I have overwritten some settings, which I am not aware of. (Now
I see the same behavior in all (also Dolphin) menu bars)...

How could I set it back to the "normal" one, where Alt-F would open the
file menu...?

Thank you,
Janos

Re: Strange menu behavior

Janos Kazsoki
In fact now all my windows program menus do behave this way....
Hmmm....
Xp Sp2.
Janos

Re: Strange menu behavior

Chris Uppal-3
Janos,

> Strange enough is, if I push Alt, then the File menu is activated, and
> in that moment I see all the underscores, and simply the F, x work
> (without holding Alt key)..

You may have activated a Windows' "feature".  Under Display Properties, on the
Appearance tab, in the popup invoked by the Effects button, there is a setting:

    Hide underlined letters for keyboard navigation until I press the Alt key

If that is turned on, then try turning it off again ;-)

    -- chris

Re: Strange menu behavior

Janos Kazsoki
Chris,

yes, exactly this was it. Now it works fine!

Thank you,
Janos