String>>sprintfWith:with:

Chris Uppal-3
String>>sprintfWith:with: seems to be the cause of at least some of the gross
instability I've been seeing recently.

The old buffer-mismanagement bug seems to have re-surfaced (at least I think I
remember it being fixed at some point) in this version of D5.  The buffer
should be allocated *inside* the loop...

(The corresponding problem in String>>sprintfWith: *has* been fixed in D5)

    -- chris

Re: String>>sprintfWith:with:

Blair McGlashan
"Chris Uppal" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> String>>sprintfWith:with: seems to be the cause of at least some of the
gross
> instability I've been seeing recently.
>
> The old buffer-mismanagement bug seems to have re-surfaced (at least I
think I
> remember it being fixed at some point) in this version of D5.  The buffer
> should be allocated *inside* the loop...
>
> (The corresponding problem in String>>sprintfWith: *has* been fixed in D5)

Thanks Chris, #965 for repair in the next patch level.

Regards

Blair