StringTest>>testUnescapePercentsWithTextEncoding is broken

StringTest>>testUnescapePercentsWithTextEncoding is broken

Oscar Nierstrasz

While checking if tests for the Squeak by Example book still work
under Pharo, I discovered that
StringTest>>testUnescapePercentsWithTextEncoding is broken.

Trying to track this down, I saw that Michael Rueger changed the last
line of ShiftJISTextConverter>>nextFromStream: from

        ^ self toUnicode: result

to:

        ^ self byteToUnicode: result

which seems to break the test.

I can't say that I understand what is going on here, but shouldn't we
roll back this change?  Else rewrite the test ...

- on

Re: StringTest>>testUnescapePercentsWithTextEncoding is broken

Nicolas Cellier
Already reported issue, should be fixed in latest Pharo

2009/5/13 Oscar Nierstrasz <[hidden email]>:

> While checking if tests for the Squeak by Example book still work
> under Pharo, I discovered that
> StringTest>>testUnescapePercentsWithTextEncoding is broken.
>
> Trying to track this down, I saw that Michael Rueger changed the last
> line of ShiftJISTextConverter>>nextFromStream: from
>
>        ^ self toUnicode: result
>
> to:
>
>        ^ self byteToUnicode: result
>
> which seems to break the test.
>
> I can't say that I understand what is going on here, but shouldn't we
> roll back this change?  Else rewrite the test ...
>
> - on

Re: StringTest>>testUnescapePercentsWithTextEncoding is broken

Oscar Nierstrasz

Ah -- looked in the wrong place. Found it now.  Thanks.

- on