Stripe Testing

Maarten Mostert-2
Hi,

I am making a Stripe interface in VW (AppeX) for which I encounter some problems.

Logically I tried to inspire me with opening Pharo and loading Paul’s Stripe package.

Unfortunately it doesn’t want to load in Pharo I get stuck among some simple ones on the error
The symbolic version #stable is not defined in ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser for the current platform. Possible symbolic version values include: #(#bleedingEdge)

Maybe someone can hint me to a pharo/squeak image that loads the stuff without problem so I can run the test and look more into detail how things are done.

Best regards,

Maarten MOSTERT

28 Av Alphonse Denis
83400 Hyères, France
+33 676411296

Re: Stripe Testing

Paul DeBruicker
Hi Maarten,

I fixed up the configuration a little bit this morning.

If you use Pharo 2, 3, or 4 or Squeak 4.5 or less  the instructions here:

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~pdebruic/Stripe

should work.  e.g.

Gofer new
  url:  'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/pdebruic/Stripe/main';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfStripe';
  load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfStripe) project stableVersion load:#('Tests' 'Seaside-Example').

You'll need to set your test keys:

StripeObject useTestApiKeys: 'my publishable key' and: 'my secret key'

I haven't ported it to Pharo 5 and probably won't until it is released.  For Squeak 4.6 and 5.0, we're just waiting on a Metacello bug fix integration before they start working with this code base.  And the API version this supports is Old.  So I'll take a look at updating that over the weekend.

Have you looked at using filetree & cypress to move the code between Squeak/Pharo and VW?  It would be interesting to know how hard that process is going from Pharo to VW.

Let me know what else you need

Paul

Maarten Mostert-2 wrote

http://stakepoint.com/ <http://stakepoint.com/>