Stuck in the tutorial newbie

Steve Bleeke
I am running the tutorial and I have reached the Ajax chapter performing all tasks up to that point.  I am running on Squeak 3.10.2-7179 and have loaded the latest version of Seaside.

When I go to run the ToDo application I get the following error

MessageNotUnderstood: WAHtmlRenderer>>on:of:

  • WAHtmlRenderer(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #on:of:
    self a WAHtmlRenderer
    temps
    aMessage on: #email of: a StLoginComponent
    inst vars
    attributeBuffer nil
    context a WARenderingContext
    callbacks a WACallbackRegistry
    shortcutBuffer nil
  • When I go to the StLoginContext class, the code seems to be accurate.
  • What am I missing?

Re: Stuck in the tutorial newbie

Gerhard Obermann
If your code is exactly like the following it should work.
But I assume that you maybe have entered an extra ";"  after textInput.

renderTextInputOn: html

html textInput
 on: #email of: self;
 value: ''.