Student of Stéphane Ducasse: Roassal project

Student of Stéphane Ducasse: Roassal project

said yebbah

Hello,
We‘re a group of 3 students from a course with Stéphane Ducasse in university of Lille 1,
and we’re beginners in Pharo and for the next 2 weeks we have to work on an open source project.
we choose Roassal project. So we would like to know what's the prupose of ideas that we've to do ?
In fact, in the moments we're at the point of discovering Roassal.
Thanks,

Re: Student of Stéphane Ducasse: Roassal project

SergeStinckwich
On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 2:34 PM, said yebbah <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,

Bonjour,

> We‘re a group of 3 students from a course with Stéphane Ducasse in
> university of Lille 1,
> and we’re beginners in Pharo and for the next 2 weeks we have to work on an
> open source project.
> we choose Roassal project. So we would like to know what's the prupose of
> ideas that we've to do ?
> In fact, in the moments we're at the point of discovering Roassal.

Welcome in the community !

I have one idea for a small project for students.
I give this link to my students for a lecture at Paris 6 University,
is it possible to do the same with Roassal:
https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/ARE-UPMC/blob/master/ARE-DYNAMIC/fiche3.ipynb
and if not how you fix that ?

Thank you.

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)

Re: Student of Stéphane Ducasse: Roassal project

SergeStinckwich
This is better to answer on the mailing-list.
Regards,

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 3:30 PM, said yebbah <[hidden email]> wrote:

Bonjour,

First we thank you in advance for your reply, it seems an interesting suggestion project, we'll try to start doing the same thing with Roassel but for the moment we're beginners and we have only 2 weeks, we wish that you help us for the next time.

this's list email of other memebers group:

hamid.lafredi@etudiant.univ-lille1.fr

[hidden email]-lille1.fr

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 2:34 PM, said yebbah <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,

Bonjour,

> We‘re a group of 3 students from a course with Stéphane Ducasse in
> university of Lille 1,
> and we’re beginners in Pharo and for the next 2 weeks we have to work on an
> open source project.
> we choose Roassal project. So we would like to know what's the prupose of
> ideas that we've to do ?
> In fact, in the moments we're at the point of discovering Roassal.

Welcome in the community !

I have one idea for a small project for students.
I give this link to my students for a lecture at Paris 6 University,
is it possible to do the same with Roassal:
https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/ARE-UPMC/blob/master/ARE-DYNAMIC/fiche3.ipynb
and if not how you fix that ?

Thank you.

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Welcome to #DNU! #DNU is the home page of Serge Stinckwich, full-time computer scientist and part-time Smalltalk evangelist. Important We are currently conducting a ...

Serge Stinckwich
UCN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Student of Stéphane Ducasse: Roassal project

abergel
Hi Said,

There are plenty of possible topics around Roassal.

Having a playground dedicated to Roassal (with a smart auto-completion and highlight) is one excellent topic. But I am not sure how difficult is it.
Another topic is a new interaction engine. Currently, most of the interaction happens with GTInspector. But it is limited in several aspects (linear flow, lake of context to carry on across panes).

Best is to join the slack channel and discuss

Cheers,
Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu