Sudden error 2201 with System performOnServer:

Sudden error 2201 with System performOnServer:

Thierry Thelliez-2

On a legacy Windows 2000 / GemStone 6.1  we are suddenly having issues with performOnServer:.

I am still digging but the server looks fine.  The rest of GemStone seems to be working ok.

Any suggestions will be welcome!

Thanks,

Thierry Thelliez

Re: Sudden error 2201 with System performOnServer:

Thierry Thelliez
Suddenly, any performOnServer attempts are failing.  Nothing new on
the server. This had been working for years.

All attempts generate a 2201.

The server looks fine (disk space is fine).

Thierry

On Dec 13, 2010, at 11:05 AM, James Foster <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What issues are you having?
>
> On Dec 13, 2010, at 9:46 AM, Thierry Thelliez wrote:
>
> On a legacy Windows 2000 / GemStone 6.1  we are suddenly having issues with performOnServer:.
>
> I am still digging but the server looks fine.  The rest of GemStone seems to be working ok.
>

> Any suggestions will be welcome!
> Thanks,
> Thierry Thelliez

Re: Sudden error 2201 with System performOnServer:

Bob Tucker-2
When was the last time you rebooted the box?

--
-B-

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do.
David Brent

Re: Sudden error 2201 with System performOnServer:

Thierry Thelliez
It was rebooted this morning after starting to get these errors. It did not help.

It was also rebooted Friday aver a couple of security updates, but the server seemed to be ok this weekend.

Is there anything I could check in some directories? Does performOnServer on Windows use a tmp directory somewhere?

Thierry

--
-B-

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do.
David Brent

Re: Sudden error 2201 with System performOnServer:

James Foster-8
Thierry,

Bug #39063 describes a limit on the number of #'performOnServer:' calls. Please check %TEMP% directory to see if there are files named gst*.tmp. If so, delete them and try again!

James